What do you think would happen if you got caught with weed by the police? Watch

username3315892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by WaffleApple)
My friend I feel sorry for my future in law.

No you will not get arrested. Even if it’s not your first time getting caught you won’t be arrested.

9/10 police officers will walk past you in the street while you are smoking a joint and say nothing.

If you happen to get stopped with a gram it’s a verbal warning.

You have to have 3 or 4 recordable incidents for you to actually be arrested. Even then it’s rare they will arrest you.
Where on earth have you heard "9/10" police officers will walk past and say nothing about weed? Has this happened to you personally? And where have you heard about "3 or 4" recordable incidents before you get arrested? We are not in America where they have had a 3 strike rule in some parts. We either get the warning/ fine OR get arrested. There's no other type of second chance. I replied to someone above basically saying that you're both right he won't get arrested for a small amount (my bad I read it too quick) but considering the amount, whether you're dealing or producing, you will get arrested. It's just the law on those factors. But it's best to not take the risk, because you don't know what kind of police officer you might get, its gambling on whether you get a £90 fine or verbal warning.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Abida.etc)
Where on earth have you heard "9/10" police officers will walk past and say nothing about weed? Has this happened to you personally? And where have you heard about "3 or 4" recordable incidents before you get arrested? We are not in America where they have had a 3 strike rule in some parts. We either get the warning/ fine OR get arrested. There's no other type of second chance. I replied to someone above basically saying that you're both right he won't get arrested for a small amount (my bad I read it too quick) but considering the amount, whether you're dealing or producing, you will get arrested. It's just the law on those factors. But it's best to not take the risk, because you don't know what kind of police officer you might get, its gambling on whether you get a £90 fine or verbal warning.
They get it from common sense. The police are not interested in personal use so pretty much every time you will just get a warning and nothing more.

I’d still say just don’t bother with it and avoid the risk altogether, but it isn’t a big deal. You are taking this too seriously.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Abida.etc)
Hi I study law and I came across this last week. You will get arrested.
No you won't. If you surrender it immediately they can only give you a verbal (unrecorded) warning, and move you on. You'll only get arrested if you are uncooperative and necessitate them confiscating it by force.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%