The Student Room Group

Maths A Level

How much harder is maths a level compared to gcse? I'm predicted a 7/8, will i struggle?
Original post by Robar0608
How much harder is maths a level compared to gcse? I'm predicted a 7/8, will i struggle?

I got a 7 in my mock and I'm wondering the same thing. My teacher said definitely don't do it if you get a six as you'll find it horrendous, and if you get a 7 you'll find it really hard. I'm really unsure whether or not to do it, as he's kinda put me off.
Reply 2
It depends. I wouldn’t say it’s hard, it’s more of a challenge. I think with a 7 you’re in a good position, what you will be introduced to in AS year won’t all be completely new, some will build on from GCSE and it develops from there, and that will be the foundation to A2 Maths! It will be tough in the beginning, but if you consolidate your knowledge and keep on doing past papers then you will be in a great position. I’m on my last year of A levels taking maths working at a an B/A grade (got a 7 in GCSE). Some of my friends got a 7 too but they’re doing incredibly well (they got 100% in our A2 mock)

Quick Reply

Latest