Not sure what’s wrong with me/if pregnant :[ Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So to start it off on the 1st I started bleeding very slightly on and off for a few days (not enough to wear a pad or tampon) and the colours varied, normally there was only blood when I wiped.
There was slight cramping but it wasn't painful. Normally my periods are really heavy. I've been off the pill for a month now too (part of me thinks it's just my body going back to normal since it's been a month) and even during my pill breaks my period was very heavy.

The past week I have been completely bloated non-stop, feeling sick on and off and also feeling quite dizzy this past week too. My breasts have also increased in size/feel really firm/swollen too after the bleeding stopped :[ And my appetite is gone too. I have also been going to the bathroom a lot as well.

I've taken 4 sainsbury's branded tests over the past week but all negative. Has anyone got a clue on what could possibly be wrong with me or if there's a small chance I could actually be pregnant? If I was I would be around 5 weeks I think.

I’m absolutely puzzled and just wondering what anyone else thinks it is :s
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
And to add to it I’ve been absolutely exhausted too and have a huge lack of energy
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's likely a hormonal shift going on as your body readjusts to not having the pill. Does it hurt or burn to pee/are you going a lot and not pushing much out? You may also have a UTI.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sknudson)
There's likely a hormonal shift going on as your body readjusts to not having the pill. Does it hurt or burn to pee/are you going a lot and not pushing much out? You may also have a UTI.
No it doesn’t burn or hurt to pee,it feels completely normal just that it’s more frequent
Gossamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The first question: had you sex without protection?
The second question: If you had sex without protection, the boy finished inside you?

If you answer the two question with a yes, the pregnancy is a possibility.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gossamer)
The first question: had you sex without protection?
The second question: If you had sex without protection, the boy finished inside you?

If you answer the two question with a yes, the pregnancy is a possibility.
I kind of did the last week of December, however I was on the pill but only had 3 pills of the pack left before I rang out afterwards. It doesn’t add up and it all leads to a no I’m not pregnant, but I can’t help but be paranoid there’s a small chance I am due to that.
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I kind of did the last week of December, however I was on the pill but only had 3 pills of the pack left before I rang out afterwards. It doesn’t add up and it all leads to a no I’m not pregnant, but I can’t help but be paranoid there’s a small chance I am due to that.
If you took your pills in december when you had sex and you didn't take other pills like an antibiotics (it can be cancel the effect of the pills) you should be in calm. When my period is coming i have the similar symptoms like you. Moreover, if you aren't in calm the period can be delayed. So, calm and goes to the doctor for discard anything else like a hormonal imbalance.
thunderstormfire
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So when was/is your period due? I have been in a similar situation where I get myself so worked up, even though I know I have followed all instructions correctly and that the chance of pregnancy is so slim, I think it is natural to be scared, especially when you first start having sex etc. If I was you, I would take another test a few days after your period is due, if this has already passed, I would maybe go to your GP and have a test done there just to put your mind at ease. The chances of pregancy are very unlikely but it can take a while for your period to re-adjust after coming off the pill and you don't want to be panicking and not knowing for weeks on end. I have also found that the more paranoid you get, you can actually create symptoms in your head and make things you would usually ignore seem a lot more intense.. it is crazy what the brain can do to the body and what worry can do. Just try to relax and go to the GP if you are really worried - it's the only way you will know for sure!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gossamer)
If you took your pills in december when you had sex and you didn't take other pills like an antibiotics (it can be cancel the effect of the pills) you should be in calm. When my period is coming i have the similar symptoms like you. Moreover, if you aren't in calm the period can be delayed. So, calm and goes to the doctor for discard anything else like a hormonal imbalance.
I will go if the symptoms continue as can take 2-3 weeks just to get an appointment here. I’ve never had swollen/firm breasts or been bloated due to a period before so those are my biggest concerns why.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by thunderstormfire)
So when was/is your period due? I have been in a similar situation where I get myself so worked up, even though I know I have followed all instructions correctly and that the chance of pregnancy is so slim, I think it is natural to be scared, especially when you first start having sex etc. If I was you, I would take another test a few days after your period is due, if this has already passed, I would maybe go to your GP and have a test done there just to put your mind at ease. The chances of pregancy are very unlikely but it can take a while for your period to re-adjust after coming off the pill and you don't want to be panicking and not knowing for weeks on end. I have also found that the more paranoid you get, you can actually create symptoms in your head and make things you would usually ignore seem a lot more intense.. it is crazy what the brain can do to the body and what worry can do. Just try to relax and go to the GP if you are really worried - it's the only way you will know for sure!
Well it was on the first, technically I did get my period then but it wasn’t a normal one at all, or one I’m used to. It was barely a period. Well I’m actually not scared, I’d be completely happy And content if I turned out to be pregnant, it’s just the not knowing if I am or not that’s bugging me and all the symptoms too.

Thanks I will if the symptoms persist!
Gossamer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I will go if the symptoms continue as can take 2-3 weeks just to get an appointment here. I’ve never had swollen/firm breasts or been bloated due to a period before so those are my biggest concerns why.
well, the best is go to the doctor for your calm and for discard other things. The periods can be change with the age or other things so BE CALM.
It will not be anything you'll see!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
So to start it off on the 1st I started bleeding very slightly on and off for a few days (not enough to wear a pad or tampon) and the colours varied, normally there was only blood when I wiped.
There was slight cramping but it wasn't painful. Normally my periods are really heavy. I've been off the pill for a month now too (part of me thinks it's just my body going back to normal since it's been a month) and even during my pill breaks my period was very heavy.

The past week I have been completely bloated non-stop, feeling sick on and off and also feeling quite dizzy this past week too. My breasts have also increased in size/feel really firm/swollen too after the bleeding stopped :[ And my appetite is gone too. I have also been going to the bathroom a lot as well.

I've taken 4 sainsbury's branded tests over the past week but all negative. Has anyone got a clue on what could possibly be wrong with me or if there's a small chance I could actually be pregnant? If I was I would be around 5 weeks I think.

I’m absolutely puzzled and just wondering what anyone else thinks it is :s
If it has been 5 weeks since you last had sex and several pregnancy tests have been negative, you are not pregnant. It is probably all related to coming off the bill.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.88%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.89%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (450)
69.02%

Watched Threads