Would you rather Watch

sammyj97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Would you rather have 3 complete A levels with good grades or 10 AS levels with mediocre grades?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
velvethopes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
3 complete A Levels because they were what was required by my university. Don't know if I've ever seen a university that allows AS only
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by sammyj97)
Would you rather have 3 complete A levels with good grades or 10 AS levels with mediocre grades?
3 complete A levels with good grades is best.

If it’s 10 AS levels then they will be in a wide variety of subjects and not of much use in getting your chosen course at university. For instance if you want to do biology or medicine then the university will not be interested in your AS in History.
In any case it’s quality rather than quantity. 10 As levels at mediocre grade is not a lot of use in anything. It certainly won’t get you into medical school or something like that.
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
There is absolutely no point in doing 10 AS subjects as universities only require 3 and they don't care if you do more.

Unless you think you will 100% get bad grades in A2 and drop 7 in A2, then you can get UCAS points for the dropped subjects. But not every uni looks for UCAS points.

I am not even sure you can do 10, will there be enough time to do all 10 each week?
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
10 mediocre AS because i can go on TSR and brag about how many hours of sleep i lost trying not to dissapoint my parents when in reality i did nothing.
sammyj97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
3 complete A levels with good grades is best.

If it’s 10 AS levels then they will be in a wide variety of subjects and not of much use in getting your chosen course at university. For instance if you want to do biology or medicine then the university will not be interested in your AS in History.
In any case it’s quality rather than quantity. 10 As levels at mediocre grade is not a lot of use in anything. It certainly won’t get you into medical school or something like that.
but wouldn’t the 10 AS levels make you more well rounded and give you a stronger foundation/experience when choosing a career path since you’ve had a taster of a lot of different things?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise