Girlfriend asks how much her necklace was Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Should i be weirded out the first thing my girlfriend said when she received her present was how much was it?
Really want to hear opinions on this, cheers
Uzair787
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
not sure whether your girlfriends personality is designer fashion, but if it is then she probably wants to know if its fake XD. but if thats not her personality then thats pretty weird.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.
She may want to always match the amount you spend on gifts, so you know that she is not a gold digger.
Lilligant22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's exciting to know when your partner's bought you something expensive. If it's not, then don't tell her lol, just say that doesn't matter
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First thing as in before 'Thank you!', 'I love it!' and 'Oh, you shouldn't have!'?

Yeah it's weird. See how often she does it.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As in before she says Oh I love it or something
If so yes, otherwise less so but I'd still see it as weird
RevisionWorld66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tell her it's £73.99, plus with £11.59 shipping from Manhatten, New York.

"WHAT? REALLY? NO" Yes babe really because that's how much I love you *rolls eye*
Last edited by RevisionWorld66; 1 week ago
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If she asks before expressing any kind of pleasure at receiving a gift, that's weird. Shows she cares more about how much you spend on her rather than the thought put into it. If she's asking a while later, it's probably more out of curiosity.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
Maddison.Hodnett
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
say it costs the amont of of love that i love you
her 'how much?

you - ' alot'
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could be she just wants to know if its geniune, or immitation.

I mean if you get her a necklace which looks like gold, with diamonds in... it could just be a fashion/costume/immitation necklace, that cost £12, or it could be a real diamond/gold necklace that cost a few hundred, or even thousands of pounds.

Personally I never tell people how much a gift costs, but I will tell my wife whether its real or immitation, when it comes to jewelery - because it changes both the meaning and her use of it. If its real, she keeps it in a seperate very safe box, and only wears it on very special occasions - if its immitation, then it just goes in her normal jewlery box for everyday use.

It does get a bit tricky when it coems to immitation (not real stone/metal) but from good designers though, because that can be just as much as some 'real' jewlery, especially cheaper real stone variants/silver.

---

for other things, I just give vague answers... a lot, more then X cost last year, less then a X, not to much, just a bit, etc.
cornishpasties
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe she said it in shock...like omg! How much was it! like she wouldn’t want you spending much on her...and she felt guilty
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (236)
59.9%
No (158)
40.1%

Watched Threads