Revision Watch

jervs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm in year 11 and GCSE's are coming really fast. I've just begun making notes but I don't think I'll finish it in time and also I tried to do mind maps but I just don't get them so if making notes fine and how can I revise for science
mjhmichael18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would say look at some good websites like Bitesize and Seneca.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
understress
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely look at Senecalearning.com for science! The time has come to stop doing such passive revision like making notes, and start doing active revision like testing yourself. Don't scrap notes entirely, just maybe try condensing topics like... maybe try and squeeze things to the bare bones and summarise it into a tweet (280 characters) - it's a really good way to get a general idea for a topic, and then fill in details when you're more confident. Maybe read a page in a textbook or do a section on seneca, write down everything you know in black and then cover it up and write it all down in green from memory. Everything you forget, be sure to add in red! You can do this so many different ways- when I did GCSEs, I found that quizlet was absolutely awesome to revise with! As long as you make sure to test yourself regularly and TAKE REGULAR BREAKS haha, you'll definitely be fine. Good luck
Charlotte LG
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s good to try your best but I wouldn’t worry if you don’t finish your revision notes. You have probably absorbed more information than you think. Fun fact: I didn’t actually finish my notes for history and that happened to be the subject I did the best in at GCSE. You’ll be fine! Good luck with your GCSEs! 😊👍
jervs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte LG)
It’s good to try your best but I wouldn’t worry if you don’t finish your revision notes. You have probably absorbed more information than you think. Fun fact: I didn’t actually finish my notes for history and that happened to be the subject I did the best in at GCSE. You’ll be fine! Good luck with your GCSEs! 😊👍
Thanks mate hope you have a good a levels
jervs
Rep:
?
(Original post by understress)
Absolutely look at Senecalearning.com for science! The time has come to stop doing such passive revision like making notes, and start doing active revision like testing yourself. Don't scrap notes entirely, just maybe try condensing topics like... maybe try and squeeze things to the bare bones and summarise it into a tweet (280 characters) - it's a really good way to get a general idea for a topic, and then fill in details when you're more confident. Maybe read a page in a textbook or do a section on seneca, write down everything you know in black and then cover it up and write it all down in green from memory. Everything you forget, be sure to add in red! You can do this so many different ways- when I did GCSEs, I found that quizlet was absolutely awesome to revise with! As long as you make sure to test yourself regularly and TAKE REGULAR BREAKS haha, you'll definitely be fine. Good luck
I'm making an account now 👌
Charlotte LG
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jervs)
Thanks mate hope you have a good a levels
Thank you! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads