The Student Room Group

Was recovery of economy the main reason the nazi regime survived?

Apart from recovery of German economy what was another reason the nazi regime survived from 1933-39?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzypearce
Apart from recovery of German economy what was another reason the nazi regime survived from 1933-39?

What do you think? If someone in the nazis position between that period what are the things that kept them in power?
Put yourself in their position as well as looking at some of the things they did.
What does staying in power mean?

Is this GCSE or GCE?
Reply 2
This is Alevel.
Staying in power meant that the nazis were still seen as the main party and ran the country with a positive effect.
This is Alevel.
Staying in power meant that the nazis were still seen as the main party and ran the country with a positive effect.

Does it?
the German people liked the Nazis before the horror of their project became clear. the whole carefully managed patriotic fervour & pride in their nation enabled the vast majority of the people to accept the regime.
Reply 5
*means. well that’s not the question I originally asked
Reply 6
The trick was in getting people to fall for their fantasies. Doing this will solve all of our problems! Human nature naturally opts for the land of milk and honey if offered, even if undeliverable. It's so much like Brexit.

Their latest fantasy seems to be that the govt is deliberately messing up in order to reverse the outcome. Let's see... shall we go for accolade, ovations and cries of well done you Tories or shall we deliberately opt to be labelled incompetent buffoons unable to organise a stroll in the park? Hmm... and still Brexiteers believe the latter. Unbelievable!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
The trick was in getting people to fall for their fantasies. Human nature naturally opts for the land of milk and honey if offered, even if undeliverable. It's so much like Brexit.

Their latest fantasy seems to be that the govt is deliberately messing up in order to reverse the outcome. Let's see... shall we go for accolade, ovations and cries of well done you Tories or shall we deliberately opt to be labelled incompetent buffoons unable to organise a stroll in the park? Hmm... and still Brexiteers believe the latter. Unbelievable!

ermm i do not think this will help OP do their homework :teehee:
This is Alevel.

As per ageshallnot you need to revisit that. Are they actual requirements of being in power? What does it mean?
What is the actual essay title?
What things happened between those dates which mean the Nazis survived? Things they did and events that happened? Make a list. eatch a documentary. Its importnat you understand about their rise to power and why they were successful. Why did the population support them? Why were other people unable to compete? What made them so seemingly popular?

Imagine you were the Nazis? What would you do to stay in power?
Reply 9
Original post by the bear
ermm i do not think this will help OP do their homework :teehee:

Nonsense... they will get extra points for spotting the parallel.
Well, I don't do A level History yet, but I believe that the main reason why the survived was that there were simply no other parties, since they banned them all, and put them in concentration camps.
Original post by filippavlovic
Well, I don't do A level History yet, but I believe that the main reason why the survived was that there were simply no other parties, since they banned them all, and put them in concentration camps.

But first they argued well... you democratically elected him to power. It was the will of the German people! Jews went into camps btw... other parties were just labelled as undemocratic traitors. Ringing any bells?
Original post by 999tigger
As per ageshallnot you need to revisit that. Are they actual requirements of being in power? What does it mean?
What is the actual essay title?
What things happened between those dates which mean the Nazis survived? Things they did and events that happened? Make a list. eatch a documentary. Its importnat you understand about their rise to power and why they were successful. Why did the population support them? Why were other people unable to compete? What made them so seemingly popular?

Imagine you were the Nazis? What would you do to stay in power?

1) Invade England instead of Russia.
2) Tell Japan you bomb Hawaii and WE will declare war on YOU. No bombing America! (just yet).
Original post by Vinny C
1) Invade England instead of Russia.
2) Tell Japan you bomb Hawaii and WE will declare war on YOU. No bombing America! (just yet).

No idea why you are tagging me or why you think that is relevant?
No idea why you are tagging me or why you think that is relevant?

You asked what the Nazis should have done to remain in power... by which I assumed you meant win the war. That was why they ultimately lost, wasn't it?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
You asked what the Nazis should have done to remain in power... by which I assumed you meant win the war. That was why they ultimately lost, wasn't it?

from 1933-39
from 1933-39

It didn't mention that at the top. Anyway, WW2 had started by then... just not with us.
Original post by Vinny C
It didn't mention that at the top. Anyway, WW2 had started by then... just not with us.

The very first post...
Original post by Vinny C

Post #1
Original post by ageshallnot
The very first post...

Gets out trumpet... oh... the FIRST post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending