Leamington to warwick travel time Watch

TuciePucie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thinking of Warwick! Concerned about where to live after the first year. Have heard travel from Leamington can be v long. Can anyone advise realistically as to travel times. Or ideas on accommodation / towns for years 2 and 3. Thanks
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try travelling from Cornwall - Essex, now that is long. But seriously, that is also pretty long.
Ccfc.1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try Coventry because Warwick uni is on Coventry not Warwick
1Person
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should check the bus timetables for that area or use google to get the journey duration by car.
TuciePucie
Rep:
?
I know what the bus says - I have heard that it’ usually a lot longer than you think !
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TuciePucie)
Thinking of Warwick! Concerned about where to live after the first year. Have heard travel from Leamington can be v long. Can anyone advise realistically as to travel times. Or ideas on accommodation / towns for years 2 and 3. Thanks
It can take anywhere from 15 mins to an hour. The biggest variable is obviously when you’re making the journey because it’s all down to how much traffic there is. At 3pm it might be smooth sailing but at 8 in the morning you’re looking at an average of 45 mins from what I can remember (I graduated last year) so 9ams are a bit painful.

Even having a car doesn’t help much because there’s a severe lack of parking and searching for a bloody space offsets most of the time gain.

Another thing to bear in mind is where in Leamington you are making the journey to/from. When there’s traffic, just getting through South Leam to North takes about 15 mins alone. North Leam is far nicer but it’s also a lot harder to get a bus seat in because they pack the buses full in south.
TuciePucie
Rep:
?
That is so helpful. I thought this was going to be the case . Where did you live? I don’t have a car. I am not after a party lifestyle ! Somewhere
With a bit of life as I don’t want dull. And prob only a “real” 15 min bus journey or even a walk! Any insight into student accommodation areas would be really helpful ! Did you enjoy your time at Warwick ?? Am toying between Warwick and Birmingham . The courses both look great. I am
Now looking beyond this!
Gov767
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Like 20-25 mins on a bus. Don't live in cov, leams a lot nicer
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ever heard of google or citymapper?
LanceArmstrong
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

Here is what I know,

1. The traffic between the campus and Lem is awful and can get very busy. There is a bus, though it is often very crowded.
2. Lem is more expensive than Cov
3. Have a look at accomodation in Cov as it is a lot easier to get to the Uni

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Lance
TuciePucie
Rep:
?
I will Google 'Google' later as I am unsure of what it is. Such an extremely helpful reply.

However ...
Thanks, Lance
karinaabrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey am currently a 2nd year and I live in Leam.

The bus journey can be really long and you will definitely appreciate living in campus when you get to 2nd year, but everyone deals with it even though it is really annoying.
Agree with everything said on this post so far - you need to try and live near the church in second year and you will pretty much be ok for a space.

If you have any other questions feel free to msg me
Felicity Marx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cov may be known as the worse place to live but I think leam is very overrated - Tile Hill area in cov is where I'm going next year and the bus ride is 10/15 mins and accommodation is way cheaper. There isn't a nightlife but I don't like parties anyway so it's perfect for me
OliverBB
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It can take from 20-45 minutes to get to campus from Leam, but it is still where most students will recommend you to live, as it has all the amenities you need (Learning Grid, Cinema, Good shops, Good nightlife, train station, looks nice, lower crime rate). Cov is cheaper and quicker to get to, but isn't as nice to live in, and has a much higher rate of crime and less to do (only 1 club that people ever go to). Need to consider as well that most people do try to live in Leamington, and so the probably most of the people you know will live there too.

If you're concerned about getting to Campus, Canley is only about a 15 minute walk away, but it doesnt have the biggest student population.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (35)
12.54%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.47%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.23%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.23%
No (194)
69.53%

Watched Threads