How much is your insurance Watch

Throor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you can, I suggest putting at least one of your parents on if you can as a named driver. I've done this, never had a black box, and it's never been more that about 1300-1500 and is now around 600 for me on a 1. 3 Yaris - I'm nearly 21 and have been driving since I was 18. I think it also depends what area you are living in although that's not something you can really change. I also suggest goung direct to companies as well as using price comparison websites, and bargain with them - they want to try and keep you so if you tell them you're going to another company, they may put the price down a bit for you. Additionally, if there is another vehicle at your house, it may be a good idea to put it on a multicar deal, as that also significantly reduces the cost.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
julietlima3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Throor)
If you can, I suggest putting at least one of your parents on if you can as a named driver. I've done this, never had a black box, and it's never been more that about 1300-1500 and is now around 600 for me on a 1. 3 Yaris - I'm nearly 21 and have been driving since I was 18. I think it also depends what area you are living in although that's not something you can really change. I also suggest goung direct to companies as well as using price comparison websites, and bargain with them - they want to try and keep you so if you tell them you're going to another company, they may put the price down a bit for you. Additionally, if there is another vehicle at your house, it may be a good idea to put it on a multicar deal, as that also significantly reduces the cost.
Yep, area definitely matters. My colleague lives in a studenty area with a relatively high level of vandalism, and even though he puts his car in a garage (and declared this on his insurance), his premiums are quite high. But when he got a quote using his parents' address, it was almost half the price.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Mines £247.
No black box, ancient land rover at least twice my age.
My best friend and her father are also named drivers.
dannitt69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
So you drove a Seat Ibiza 2018, 3 years ago?...

Also, interested in how you got your 2nd year free.
It's not rocket science, clearly, I had more than one car, given that my Ibiza is just over 1 year old. My 2400 was with mini. Then got the Ibiza with free insurance for the second year. That has just run out, now am on my 3rd year being insured, still with the Ibiza. Policy was 840 for the year, as said.
Last edited by dannitt69; 4 days ago
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by dannitt69)
It's not rocket science, clearly, I had more than one car, given that my Ibiza is just over 1 year old. My 2400 was with mini. Then got the Ibiza with free insurance for the second year. That has just run out, now am on my 3rd year being insured, still with the Ibiza. Policy was 840 for the year, as said.
And I'm the one to blame for not stating that... Nice one fella.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (212)
59.89%
No (142)
40.11%

Watched Threads