Motivation to revise please!!! Watch

Bazyli
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’m on a gap year and achieved AAA in my a levels, but a D grade in maths, which I’m retaking. I have an unconditional offer to study at LSE and I have not yet started revision for maths. Can someone please give me some motivation lol, I feel as though I’ve accomplished everything but I know the D can be vastly improved😁. Thanks!!

I’ve also seen some IB internships value an A grade in maths a level, as well as several others so would it be beneficial??
Bazyli
Rep:
?
Can someone help with this?🙂
filippavlovic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can do it!
sqrt of 5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To be honest, you can' expect people to say thing like "You can do it" or "You've got this!". This is your life, your choices and your future. If you can't be bothered to revise that's your fault. So stop asking for motivation and do a bit every day if you really don't want to revise.
Bazyli
Rep:
?
(Original post by filippavlovic)
You can do it!
Lol, thanks
Bazyli
Rep:
?
(Original post by sqrt of 5)
To be honest, you can' expect people to say thing like "You can do it" or "You've got this!". This is your life, your choices and your future. If you can't be bothered to revise that's your fault. So stop asking for motivation and do a bit every day if you really don't want to revise.
Yeah, I’m just wondering if it’s possible to still get a good grade even though I’ve left it this late??
filippavlovic
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thats not true, people, that I know wont revise because no one believes in them, they think it will make no difference in life, if they make it far.
sqrt of 5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thats not true, people, that I know wont revise because no one believes in them, they think it will make no difference in life, if they make it far.
Oh, so you expect people to spoon feed you for the rest of your life? I get it if you need a 'push' in order to get some motivation but you can't expect people to motivate you every single time because you don't believe in yourself
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Imagine opening your grades on results day and seeing that you got a D in maths again and realising that you've just wasted a year..

Get revising!
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bro like i read three revision guides on sociology 2 years ago and today i'm the CEO of SpaceX and Prince Harry polishes my shoes for me while i watch cute korean girls dance in my living room so i guess we can all achieve our goals if we study hard enough.
Bazyli
Rep:
?
(Original post by MinaBee)
Imagine opening your grades on results day and seeing that you got a D in maths again and realising that you've just wasted a year..

Get revising!
Well I have a full-time job at a consultancy firm as well, so I’m earning money and getting experience
Bazyli
Rep:
?
Oh, so you expect people to spoon feed you for the rest of your life? I get it if you need a 'push' in order to get some motivation but you can't expect people to motivate you every single time because you don't believe in yourself
I’m not spoon fed anything. I’ve got myself a good job and have plenty of money invested and saved up for next year. I just haven’t got round to maths a level lol
Svesh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
maths is just past paper question practice. Literally I revised the whole of maths a level in 1 week in one of the half terms and then rest of the year I just did a bunch of past papers every day
Bazyli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Svesh)
maths is just past paper question practice. Literally I revised the whole of maths a level in 1 week in one of the half terms and then rest of the year I just did a bunch of past papers every day
Yeah, I just need to start lol
Bazyli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Svesh)
So do you think there’s enough time left to get a good grade? The exams are in June
filippavlovic
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bazyli)
So do you think there’s enough time left to get a good grade? The exams are in June
YES.
Bazyli
Rep:
?
YES.
Very helpful
ggxsywes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you have 1 a level. i have 3. and i still have some of the content left that i havent seen yet. with u, you probs have seen all of it. dont worry. breathe. u can do it. start now. lock ur phone. start ur revision rhythm NOW.

do exam papers and go through ur maths books slowly and thoroughly. aim to do half of 1 book for one day, then the other half the next day....that should be around 3 days or something depending on ur exam board? make sure uve done ALL the questions at the end of the chapters etc... do lots of exam practice....u can definitely secure an A*....this is as long as u havent had ur maths books closed since june last year. wait hold on did u revise since ur maths exams last year?
Bazyli
Rep:
?
(Original post by ggxsywes)
you have 1 a level. i have 3. and i still have some of the content left that i havent seen yet. with u, you probs have seen all of it. dont worry. breathe. u can do it. start now. lock ur phone. start ur revision rhythm NOW.

do exam papers and go through ur maths books slowly and thoroughly. aim to do half of 1 book for one day, then the other half the next day....that should be around 3 days or something depending on ur exam board? make sure uve done ALL the questions at the end of the chapters etc... do lots of exam practice....u can definitely secure an A*....this is as long as u havent had ur maths books closed since june last year. wait hold on did u revise since ur maths exams last year?
Nope lol, I haven’t looked at maths until today since June last year. I have my uni place at LSE and a full time job so I’ve just lost motivation😂. I got a B at AS so I don’t think I can get an A*, but I’d like to get an A. I just have C3, C4 and S1 to revise
ggxsywes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bazyli)
Nope lol, I haven’t looked at maths until today since June last year. I have my uni place at LSE and a full time job so I’ve just lost motivation😂. I got a B at AS so I don’t think I can get an A*, but I’d like to get an A. I just have C3, C4 and S1 to revise
legit?? legit havent looked at it since???

okay that's gonna be quite a lot of remembering to do..you can still get the A*.

seriously, nothing is stopping you. it's not like you havent done the a level before. you have.
identify what u did wrong last year and dedicate 4 solid hours tomorrow. seriously do it.
Last edited by ggxsywes; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.45%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%