Where to meet someone for a relationship? Watch

pchelsea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's almost Valentines Day and I'll be spending it alone (while my best friend is in a relationship and will go out that day). I'm feeling pretty lonely ever since a break up back in October. I really don't know where to possibly meet someone, I don't want online dating (for privacy reasons) so need something in real life but where? The bars are always full of football drinkers or people who are already couples. Where can I possibly meet someone who could be interested in me? I just wish I could go on a valentine date like other people do
Spanx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where else but TSR? :P

Just like other people do...
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pubs and clubs are great relationship finder spots (notsrs)

While I would never date someone from the gym under any circumstances, it has proven itself to be a decent meet market for some of my brothers in iron and I know of one marriage from it.

Four months is hardly a long time to be single though. I've been single for over two years now.
pchelsea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sknudson)
Pubs and clubs are great relationship finder spots (notsrs)

While I would never date someone from the gym under any circumstances, it has proven itself to be a decent meet market for some of my brothers in iron and I know of one marriage from it.

Four months is hardly a long time to be single though. I've been single for over two years now.
You're right that four months isn't much, but I also just don't have many friends anymore like I used to. My social life is just dead. My best friend I mentioned moved to accomodation recently too.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pchelsea)
You're right that four months isn't much, but I also just don't have many friends anymore like I used to. My social life is just dead. My best friend I mentioned moved to accomodation recently too.
Sounds like you need some sort of club or activity rather than a relationship. Being in the right place for you will let the relationship side of things take care of itself if there's someone eligible there as well.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You won't get a relationship in time for Valentine's Day. Relationships take weeks or months to develop.

My suggestion is to not worry about Valentine's Day, be happy you're not spending money and just focus on your hobbies. If you want to find a date, you could try online dating but around this time many people are going to be on there trying to find a date for Valentine's Day so it's going to be extremely competitive.
asif007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's wrong with spending this time by yourself and enjoying yourself without another person telling you what to do? Spend it with family and other single friends, the people who should matter more to you than a boyfriend/girlfriend. I've been single for 8 years and never been with a girl on Valentine's Day. I treat it the same as any other day of the year, and I will continue to do so.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What sort of relationship are you looking for?
Casual, fwb, potential marriage.
If you want casual try speed dating, joining a gym or socializing more with single coworkers/ fellow students.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Colleagues, friends of friends, weddings, voluntary organisations and clubs, pubs where singles hang out. Cast a wide net..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed