B's and C's at Gcse, 3a* at a level AMA Watch

p1128
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vits1)
tbh i was known as that kid in school who had no life and sat in the library all day. But to this day i dont regret it as i needed to prove to everyone that i let down with my poor GCSE's that i still have potential so i pretty much studied 4 to 5 hrs a day on weekdays and 7 to 8 hrs on weekend.TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. For economics i would say print out the spec and use it as a checklist to make sure you have covered every bit of info.Around April i had my notes done and it was a case of doing papers again and again because i didnt want to be that kid that went to the exam and just started blurting out knowledge without understanding how to apply it. EXAM PRACTICE IS KEY. Good luck with your exams.WORK HARD AND DREAM BIG x
thx , it's so hard not to procrastinate while you study though , would u say u should memorise the content before doing past papers or both in the same time ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
p1128
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
when did u start doing past papers and do you know how many there are in total?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I am aiming to get 2A*s and 2 As at A Level and recently in my mocks, I got A*,A, A, C () so I was okay with it except for maths which I got a C in (but this was within top 10 of my year and it was a one off as I'd been getting As previously but this time round, it was our first time seeing a full A Level paper) so I wanted to know how to revise maths:
I have been doing C1/C2 papers and have found the questions types to be pretty similar and they are good for practice but since the new A Level focusses more on modelling, I wondered if you could suggest some resources as all I have at the moment is the textbook...

Also, in terms of revision, I started properly last week and have been going through a cycle of making notes, doing old spec questions to soldiify knowledge and then doing new spec to apply it. I was wondering whether I have enough time to bring up the grades to at least 2A*s and 2As
Vits1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by p1128)
thx , it's so hard not to procrastinate while you study though , would u say u should memorise the content before doing past papers or both in the same time ?
personally i finished the content as quickly as i possibly could then began by doing open book tests with no distractions then after about a month i was able to recall info at a faster rate which is key for a essay based exam.
Vits1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
Hi, I am aiming to get 2A*s and 2 As at A Level and recently in my mocks, I got A*,A, A, C () so I was okay with it except for maths which I got a C in (but this was within top 10 of my year and it was a one off as I'd been getting As previously but this time round, it was our first time seeing a full A Level paper) so I wanted to know how to revise maths:
I have been doing C1/C2 papers and have found the questions types to be pretty similar and they are good for practice but since the new A Level focusses more on modelling, I wondered if you could suggest some resources as all I have at the moment is the textbook...

Also, in terms of revision, I started properly last week and have been going through a cycle of making notes, doing old spec questions to soldiify knowledge and then doing new spec to apply it. I was wondering whether I have enough time to bring up the grades to at least 2A*s and 2As
Im sorry to say but the new exams for maths look a lot more vigorous compared to the old spec so i wouldnt depend on the old paper to get you a high grade as the style of questions require you to apply your knowledge rather than just memorising the method.I would say to do every question in the textbook 2/3 times as you should be getting less answers wrong every time you go through the book and write why you go a certain question wrong(especially if it is repetitive) then just go through that sheet again the day before the exam.GOOD LUCK x
YAL._
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vits1)
mathematics,geography,economics
Revision tips for economics and geography?
anonymous1231231
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you do now? University? If so, which?
liverpoolfc2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what uni do u go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads