Can't wait to leave the EU. Watch

The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 1Person)
“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
just saying.
A famous quote by Winston Churchill, alotugh I am not sure what he actually meant
Regarding the orginal post, I am betting £20 that the departure date is going to delayed again. But hey I am just betting £20 so....
filippavlovic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ABo23)
It is so sad how uninformed you are. Brexiters are doing the most harm to the british people and its disgracefull. You legit have no benefit from brexit and youre not only gonna be hit the worst by brexit but you will hurt other Eu-Countries aswell. Noone wins and the biggest losers are the british people. I really feel bad for people like you who are so blinded by hate and toxicity that you dont even see how your "solutions" to your countries problem dont lie in simple answers like getting out of the EU. The populist narrative of just looking for a scapegoat to rally the people under the same direction of hate is just sad and uneducated.
I hate how defensive and nationalistic this got. "YOU PROVED ME WRONG, SO I AM GOING TO STOP TALKING TO YOU NOW"
1Person
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by The RAR)
A famous quote by Winston Churchill, alotugh I am not sure what he actually meant
Regarding the orginal post, I am betting £20 that the departure date is going to delayed again. But hey I am just betting £20 so....
:lol:
atlanticbird
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Please dont talk to me. In light of your other posts I have no wish to talk to you.
I never gave the ranking order of net contributers, so you look like a real tool by telling me otherwise . Go and argue with yourself.
So you've lost the argument then? And tnh he's not wrong.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Bazyli)
Don’t worry, I won’t be getting in the way of your ignorance🙂
You need to look at yourself and why on earth you are making a point to me that I never discussed. had I said the UK makes the biggest contribution then I would have been incorrect. I said we are one of the few net contributers to the EU , which is correct.

That is why you are a fool for that and then a raving fool for ranting on about brexit, which was nothing to do with anything I posted.

Name:  eunet.PNG
Views: 4
Size:  17.3 KB
Bazyli
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ABo23)
It is so sad how uninformed you are. Brexiters are doing the most harm to the british people and its disgracefull. You legit have no benefit from brexit and youre not only gonna be hit the worst by brexit but you will hurt other Eu-Countries aswell. Noone wins and the biggest losers are the british people. I really feel bad for people like you who are so blinded by hate and toxicity that you dont even see how your "solutions" to your countries problem dont lie in simple answers like getting out of the EU. The populist narrative of just looking for a scapegoat to rally the people under the same direction of hate is just sad and uneducated.
The only response I seem to get from any Brexiteer is ‘don’t talk to me, I’m too ignorant to listen to facts and rationality’
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by atlanticbird)
So you've lost the argument then? And tnh he's not wrong.
What argument would that be? Another one unable to read.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by filippavlovic)
Jesus christ, is having your own opinion illegal now, he is proving his point, and you are proving yours, its called a civil agruement.
He is proving an irrelevant point because it had nothing to do with a anything I said, just as your chart didnt prove what you were saying. Go and look at it.
Bazyli
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You need to look at yourself and why on earth you are making a point to me that I never discussed. had I said the UK makes the biggest contribution then I would have been incorrect. I said we are one of the few net contributers to the EU , which is correct.

That is why you are a fool for that and then a raving fool for ranting on about brexit, which was nothing to do with anything I posted.

Name:  eunet.PNG
Views: 4
Size:  17.3 KB
Excuse me, if you say ‘stop talking to me, and don’t reply’ because you don’t like listening to any other opinions apart from your own, you just leave. You don’t say anything further. So why don’t you do just that?😀. In answer to your poor excuse of a reply, my point was that plenty of other countries are net contributors and the whole union is interdependent. It’s not a one way agreement which is what you’re making it out to be
Bazyli
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
He is proving an irrelevant point because it had nothing to do with a anything I said, just as your chart didnt prove what you were saying. Go and look at it.
I thought you were going to stop posting on this thread? It proved exactly what he was saying. As I’ve asked before, WHO will replace where these imports come from? The UK imports from so many of these countries because many of those products are very high quality and are not made anywhere else on the planet. Those are the facts, and another one is that there are no replacements. Stop deluding yourself
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 6 days ago
Excuse me, if you say ‘stop talking to me, and don’t reply’ because you don’t like listening to any other opinions apart from your own, you just leave. You don’t say anything further. So why don’t you do just that?😀. In answer to your poor excuse of a reply, my point was that plenty of other countries are net contributors and the whole union is interdependent. It’s not a one way agreement which is what you’re making it out to be
I wasnt. You need to learn to read or point out where I said what you claim. I never did which is what makes you an idiot.
Bazyli
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I wasnt. You need to learn to read or point out where I said what you claim. I never did which is what makes you an idiot.
Umm, you said in your post ‘stop talking to me, I don’t want to talk to you’. Yet here you are replying?

I’ll just drop this link here, it’ll make TSR a better place if you scroll down, enter the specified phrase and your password:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...o=editpassword
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 6 days ago
I thought you were going to stop posting on this thread? It proved exactly what he was saying. As I’ve asked before, WHO will replace where these imports come from? The UK imports from so many of these countries because many of those products are very high quality and are not made anywhere else on the planet. Those are the facts, and another one is that there are no replacements. Stop deluding yourself
Again nothing I ever mentioned. Dont you think its weird to start arguing and making points to someone abput something they have never discussed? Completely crazy.
ap.ferro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ABo23)
Hey, how am I filled with hate and toxicity? I love Europeans! I love european cities and their culture. What I don't like is the neoliberal corrupt EU.
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Leaving the EU will have such a negative impact on trading jobs and so much more. I'm Scottish and honestly wish we were sensible enough to vote for independence and hope another election occurs. The reason Parliament wants another peoples vote is because it was fixed its such a bad decision and I belive people were not educated about the consequences of brexit as well as they should be if another vote supports brexit then fair enough no harm in holding it off. Never thought I'd say it but may should've listened to sturgeon after the staggering amount of mps went against her. If she cares about the country she would have stepped down
Carlos87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ap.ferro)
I can't wait until March 29th. I can see Brexit being delayed however. I honestly think this is the biggest opportunnity for our country and it is being wasted by the neolibs in Westminster. I think the first thing after the Referendum results should have been to hold a general election. Useless tories under May, and half of the Labour party would rather have a People's vote. I'll tell you what, the PEOPLE did have a vote! And 52% of them voted to leave!

I think they should get Nigel Farage as a paid advisor, a liason between the EU and the UK, appoint him as the Brexit secretary in place of the useless one we have now. Get him to negotiate a deal.

People seem to forget that the EU needs us more than we need them.

We import most of our stuff from the EU; that may seem like we are dependent on them, but likewise they are dependent on us for trade. Germany's economy is about to collapse. If that happens, so will the EU as a whole because the EU is built on Germany and France. The EU will be crippled after Brexit, they are practically begging for us to come back! They really need the £250 million we send them each week.

Also everyone scaremongering about holidays. I'll tell you what won't be in MSM, Portugal has just opened a "fast lane" for British people wanting to live and or work in Portugal. Spain, Cyprus, Malta Greece etc are dependent on british tourism. Overall, the EU is losing a lot more if we don't have a deal and if we leave as a whole.

- AP.Ferro
And what exactly has this got to do with academia?
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
cannot wait for the pound to drop in value it's gonna be amazing
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
cannot wait for the pound to drop in value it's gonna be amazing
Pfft. The real great bit is gonna be when there might be adequate food (but not medicine, sorry, got to pick between dying of disease or of starvation)
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Pfft. The real great bit is gonna be when there might be adequate food (but not medicine, sorry, got to pick between dying of disease or of starvation)
It's going to be so much fun!!!!
ap.ferro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
I really don't think that will happen. Not the remotest chance.

The EU does not want us to leave without a deal. It has more to lose than gain by us leaving.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%