When I lost my virginity turns people off. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Did he drug you?
If I was 15 and had had my first sexual experience at the hands of my father, I'd remember it very clearly. More clearly than anything else that had happened in my life.

How is your relationship with your father now?
At what age did him and his friends stop raping you?

The way you've described it, you make it sound like a Thomas Quick type false memory. In a way I hope it is. Or that this whole thread is a troll.
No, I wasn't drugged. But like I said, I was 10. So it's not like I'm going to remember everything perfectly. It's most certainly not a troll. If I were to be messing around, it wouldn't be about something so serious. And I have 100% positivity it happened. I have some extremely vivid memories of a few moments in particular. Not to mention, even to this day; they often gloat about it. Both my dad and his friends on the rare occassions that I see them. Myself and my dad don't talk very often, and when we do, it often results in me getting hurt in some way or another, so I tend to keep out of his way upstairs. It was a one time thing from what I remember. The one time when I was 10. Though they do make some pretty threatening and predatory comments when I do see them now. Even though it happened 5 years back.
Kompetenzzentrum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Did he drug you?
If I was 15 and had had my first sexual experience at the hands of my father, I'd remember it very clearly. More clearly than anything else that had happened in my life.

How is your relationship with your father now?
At what age did him and his friends stop raping you?

The way you've described it, you make it sound like a Thomas Quick type false memory. In a way I hope it is. Or that this whole thread is a troll.
OP did say they were 10. So I can only make the assumption that their memory is askewed. I really hope this thread isn't a troll. It would be a very sick joke indeed.

(Original post by Anonymous)
What's good.
So in relationships, people typically tend to talk about their virginity; when they lost it, who to etc. In a lot of the relationships I've been in since, I'm often asked that and I'm not one for lying, so I try not to. Problem being, when I explain to them the age I was. That often disgusts them immediately. If I try to explain situation in which it happened, I'm usually the one judged and found disgusting by it, despite it not being my fault nor my choice in the slightest. So, do you think I should just lie then in order to avoid this situation; but then raise the issue of possibly being triggered by any accidental slip up they make and also be 'gross' according to some. Or should I carry on telling the truth and just hope for the best that someone stops caring?

Trigger-Warning below
Spoiler:
Show

Since I feel like it might become a question of what the situation at hand was- I was ten at the time and it was at the hands of my dad and some of his friends, something way out of my ability to control.
You seem like an intelligent and articulate individual. Perhaps you should tell someone if you haven't.
Spanx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Really? It seems to get bought up quite a lot in many of the relationships I get into. It seem so like quite an important topic to most that I’ve come across.
You're 15, tell them its none of their business and that children having sex is illegal anyway...a good reason your abusers should be in prison.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Kompetenzzentrum)
OP did say they were 10. So I can only make the assumption that their memory is askewed. I really hope this thread isn't a troll. It would be a very sick joke indeed.

You seem like an intelligent and articulate individual. Perhaps you should tell someone if you haven't.
The brain is developed enough by the age of 10 for memories of important events to be etched vividly forever.
It's not like this happened to a 2 year old.

It's highly unusual for parental rape to be a one off thing.
It's also highly unusual for the father to involve friends in this.
Normally paedophile rapists are secretive, repeat offenders. Think Jimmy Saville.

This is the Internet where anyone can say anything.
It's down to a balance of probabilities. Maybe what the OP has described actually happened? Maybe it didn't? Each of us reading this thread can have a different estimate on the probability that the OP has given us a true and accurate account.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
The brain is developed enough by the age of 10 for memories of important events to be etched vividly forever.
It's not like this happened to a 2 year old.

It's highly unusual for parental rape to be a one off thing.
It's also highly unusual for the father to involve friends in this.
Normally paedophile rapists are secretive, repeat offenders. Think Jimmy Saville.

This is the Internet where anyone can say anything.
It's down to a balance of probabilities. Maybe what the OP has described actually happened? Maybe it didn't? Each of us reading this thread can have a different estimate on the probability that the OP has given us a true and accurate account.
Choose to believe me or don't, I really could care less. I'm fully aware that people online lie. But I'm telling you now, I haven't. Of course my account isn't completely accurate considering you don't know any of the details. I could easily explain much more if I had to, though that's not what my question was about so obviously I didn't go into details. My saying I don't remember it all is nothing short of the truth. I don't, because I was fairly uneducated at the time and still believed in the birds and the bees or the stalk bringing babies. I didn't know anything was wrong with what happened, so I didn't bother trying to recall the events to well. As I got older, and I started to understand better, I bought back memories from that time. And yes, it was a one time thing, though as I've mentioned multiple times throughout the thread, whilst nothing physically sexual, they still constantly make comments about both myself and my younger siblings. If you truly don't believe me, I could very easily supply you with the situation, if you'd like.
Kompetenzzentrum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The more you explain, the more I get the feeling that you're the person I referred here. In which case, I'm always happy to talk off site. Everyone on the server is.

If you aren't said person, the same still applies. There's so many people willing to listen to you, it might be nice to get it off of your chest to someone. I'm going to take the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't lying considering this is a pretty large thing to lie about if you are, and the best automatic response is to believe the victim typically. Talk to someone if you feel anything gets too rough. It's always good to have someone to talk to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.18%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.52%
No, I am unable to (162)
23.65%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.18%