How many marks would I get if I perform gymnopedie no.1 for solo performance? Watch

holy_greentea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Or what grade is it in 9-1 or A*- E grading system?
学生の父
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by holy_greentea)
Or what grade is it in 9-1 or A*- E grading system?
Satie's Gymnopedie no.1 is a Grade 6 piece. It was on the ABRSM syllabus at the turn of the century.

The GCSE music performing standard is broadly equivalent to Grade 3 in the graded music examinations, although the total raw mark for each piece is adjusted according to the difficulty of the piece. In other words, you can get the very top marks for Paper 1 by playing Grade 4 pieces (you do not gain any extra marks for playing above that level).

If you are sure that the Satie is totally within your grasp, then you could play that. But the advice generally is to play Grade 4 pieces.
holy_greentea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
Satie's Gymnopedie no.1 is a Grade 6 piece. It was on the ABRSM syllabus at the turn of the century.

The GCSE music performing standard is broadly equivalent to Grade 3 in the graded music examinations, although the total raw mark for each piece is adjusted according to the difficulty of the piece. In other words, you can get the very top marks for Paper 1 by playing Grade 4 pieces (you do not gain any extra marks for playing above that level).

If you are sure that the Satie is totally within your grasp, then you could play that. But the advice generally is to play Grade 4 pieces.
I just really love Satie's gymnopedies and gnossienes in general I'm currently working on the second page but I got a year to master it since I'm in year 10 (If I didn't got it in time might just pick Pam Wedgewood grade 3-4 songs lol). I don't know whether it's good to go against the general advice..
DrBlackCoffee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not a music student nor an expert, but as a Satie fan, I hope your performance goes well!
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads