Is there such as thing as 'too early' to say I love you? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I came out of a 5 year relationship last year with someone who in hindsight... I really shouldn't have been with for that long - constantly pulling through, even living together etc for 2 years. Until it eventually completely ended.

Shortly after, I met someone on a training course in Portugal with the company I was working with... we hit it off right away, and I felt all that 'love at first sight' malarkey.

Fast forward to the present day and we're about to spend our first valentines together.

Casually the past few weeks he's been saying he loves me, we live in different cities at the moment so a lot of our chat is over text... but he's been saying he loves me. And of course I do actually love him... so i've said it back. I guess I'm maybe just so happy that he's saying it, but in this day and age i feel there might be a big debate to be made on whether it's too early. But honestly, I know it shouldn't matter and should take it at face value but I constantly in my mind question every time he says it... like 'does he really?' haha.

I mentioned my previous relationship because what I was going to say is... I have said I love you more in these short few months with my new relationship than within five years in my old relationship and this time it feels 'real' (if i can say that).

What does everyone think? Is there such thing as too early?
Any clarity would be well recieved.

I know that whatever way, the world is still turning. Just seems like an interesting topic.

Thank youuuuuu xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxxo
mobinaatashi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's never too early to confess your love to someone, unless your having second thoughts! it's always better to let the person know because if you don't you may regret it or it'll be too late! xox
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mobinaatashi)
it's never too early to confess your love to someone, unless your having second thoughts! it's always better to let the person know because if you don't you may regret it or it'll be too late! xox
That's a lovely bit of perspective xxxxxxxxxx thank you xxxxxxxxx
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don't think there is too early as it is a very powerful thing to say in that blissful period when you are really hitting it off with someone. Don't think I've gone more than 6 weeks in my significant relationship without it coming out. The only hestitation I would have is if you're pretty clear the other person doesn't feel the same level of emotion. There also has to be a recognition that love will change as a relationship is prolonged, sometimes diminishing and other times deepening.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.18%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.52%
No, I am unable to (162)
23.65%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.18%