How do you keep your mind off a negative situation? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How do you guys handle intrusive negative thoughts that are constantly on your mind and turn them positive?
Robar0608
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've not yet discovered the secret to that yet. I just ignore them the best I can until they go away.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Robar0608)
I've not yet discovered the secret to that yet. I just ignore them the best I can until they go away.
I try to do that but i just get really depressed. Im really stuck. If you know the best cure for depression id love to hear it. I start college on the 19th. I need to get prepared but cannot motivate myself at all because of my thoughts/ depression lol.
Robar0608
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I try to do that but i just get really depressed. Im really stuck. If you know the best cure for depression id love to hear it. I start college on the 19th. I need to get prepared but cannot motivate myself at all because of my thoughts/ depression lol.
I go to a councillor and that has actually helped a bit, so it might be worth looking into that. Either that or I use music, crying and my cats as a way to cope as qell.
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

If you can I would speak to someone about it, either a GP, school counsellor, friend or family member. Having a dialogue about it can make it easier to find the root cause, make you feel more positive and ensure that you have a strong support network. In the mean time I would also try and make sure you get enough sleep and exercise if you can. Although they're not the solution for everything it might make you feel a little more positive every now and then- every little helps!

Hope this helps!

Lucy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Robar0608)
I go to a councillor and that has actually helped a bit, so it might be worth looking into that. Either that or I use music, crying and my cats as a way to cope as qell.
Ill try a councillor when i get the time, i gotta work weekend and at college 8 1/2 hours then travel from college for 2 hours. I wont get home til 7 and college is full time. I have wednesday free only and so thats usually my rest day. I think ill be fine once i start college coz I'll be suoer busy. Thankyou for your response though ill try the other things too
nintysixthousand
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
meditation really helped me! apps like headspace can help you learn. also journalling to have an outlet is useful for if your thoughts are over whelming. also look up 'the secret' or 'the law of attraction', its a great philosophy that can really improve your mindset and help you gain control of your thoughts and your life!
modifiedgenes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Counsellor and exercising like your life depends on it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hi,

If you can I would speak to someone about it, either a GP, school counsellor, friend or family member. Having a dialogue about it can make it easier to find the root cause, make you feel more positive and ensure that you have a strong support network. In the mean time I would also try and make sure you get enough sleep and exercise if you can. Although they're not the solution for everything it might make you feel a little more positive every now and then- every little helps!

Hope this helps!

Lucy
Hi i think i'll get intouch with my gp and see if they can do anything to help me sleep at night, thats when my thoughts are the worst and through the day. I dont have family living near me and the close friend i have is always busy and got her own problems to handle and live abit away not too far but she has to drive half an hour always with her boyfriend and takes hours sometimes days to even text back etc. I recently came out of a relationship too and so i have no one atm, like i said on the previous bit though i might feel abit better when i start college. Its just until then, need healthy coping mechanisms lol thankyou lucyyy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by modifiedgenes)
Counsellor and exercising like your life depends on it.
Ill try exercise too, never thought of that tbh
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do something positive, achieve something however small it may be
Anonymous #1
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
meditation really helped me! apps like headspace can help you learn. also journalling to have an outlet is useful for if your thoughts are over whelming. also look up 'the secret' or 'the law of attraction', its a great philosophy that can really improve your mindset and help you gain control of your thoughts and your life!
Ive tried the head space app and ive tried meditation, i really lose concentration really easily when i meditate and i dont understand why. I mever feel like im doing it properly and as for law of attraction and the secret i know all about that i have also read the book "think and grow rich" which explains alot too. So i know that the thoughts turn into reality and thats why im here tbh, i just cant seem to turn my thoughts positive despite knowing whay they're capable of. It scares me because i know if i keep thinking the way i am its gunna be a vicious cycle of bad situations.
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi i think i'll get intouch with my gp and see if they can do anything to help me sleep at night, thats when my thoughts are the worst and through the day. I dont have family living near me and the close friend i have is always busy and got her own problems to handle and live abit away not too far but she has to drive half an hour always with her boyfriend and takes hours sometimes days to even text back etc. I recently came out of a relationship too and so i have no one atm, like i said on the previous bit though i might feel abit better when i start college. Its just until then, need healthy coping mechanisms lol thankyou lucyyy
why don't you try taking up a new hobby or something? It might give you a confidence boost and introduce you to more friends who could support you.

Lucy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RevisionWorld66)
Basically touch your crotch down there until its erect, and then put some ice cubes in your mouth, and suck yourself off.
Im pretty sure thats impossible as im a girl lollll
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hallamstudents)
why don't you try taking up a new hobby or something? It might give you a confidence boost and introduce you to more friends who could support you.

Lucy
I get really bad social anxiety and have panic attacts in most social situations like that not all but if im in a group like that. I can never bring myself to do it. Ive tried before a few times though, im always open minded like that but i just keep having the same outcome
Anonymous #1
Oh here's a great thing you can do, okay so you know that after you give a blowjob, you're supposed to swallow right? But, instead spit it in a cup, and then when your boyfriend is gone, take out his semen in the cup and shove it in your vagina, and see if you get pregnant.

If you don't have a boyfriend, I suppose you can just spit in a cup and pretend that's semen and then consider yourself pregnant idk.
I wouldn't class myself as that adventurous if im honest😂 plus if you wanted to get pregnant wouldnt you just have sex without contraception .. yano.. like a normal person aha.
Anonymous #1
No but what if your boyfriend isn't "ready" to have children? And also, that's the fun part, to see if you get pregnant without direct contact. It's like, okay, when you give birth to a baby, you can look at him or her and think "Yep, you were in my mouth, then spat into a cup, and shoved into my pussy, that's my baby."

And you'd also be complimenting your boyfriend because he's going to think that he has some superman juice that impregnant women through swallowing his ingredients, it's like wow it's so nutritious you're now stuffed- oh wait you're pregnant close enough.
Yeh because thats not weird at all..
RevisionWorld66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeh because thats not weird at all..
wtf no that is weird what's wrong with you? But that's the fun part, it's how weird it is.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How do you guys handle intrusive negative thoughts that are constantly on your mind and turn them positive?
Depends what they are.

The best advice I've heard and put to use is keep busy. When the negativ e thoughts are the result of some bad event, keeping busy is the best way to prevent your brain lingering.

This can be useful for other negative thoughts too, but is more a stopgap. It doesn't actually address the underlying issue of why you're thinking like that. Keeping yourself busy is fine when you're say because a pet or family member passed away, but it doesn't solve more deep seated mental issues.

In the short term, there are plenty of articles online for nurturing positive thinking. Identifying what causes negative thinking and doing what you can to remove those situations helps. But in the long run, it may be necessary to consider counselling or to take a serious look and analyse yourself, to determine what it is that's causing negative thoughts in the first place. You posted anonymously so I don't want to pry, but I'm willing to bet you may have an idea yourself deep down what could be causing it. Many people often do, but find it very difficult to come to terms with the issue. Unfortunately it's a necessary step in overcoming it.

TSR can help if you want
Narratornan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Practice mindfulness, accept how you’re feeling and understand it’ll soon pass. This takes a lot of practice x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads