The Student Room Group

Bristol engineering study abroad

I recently received an offer from Bristol for masters engineering mathematics and am just wandering if I could switch to the study in industry or abroad course while I’m there. Or should I contact them to ask whether I can change now?
Reply 1
Original post by Engineering18
I recently received an offer from Bristol for masters engineering mathematics and am just wandering if I could switch to the study in industry or abroad course while I’m there. Or should I contact them to ask whether I can change now?

No it's fine.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/engineering/departments/engineering-mathematics/courses/undergraduate/
"This course follows the structure of our MEng Engineering Mathematics course but gives you the opportunity to spend your third year abroad at an English-speaking university. You can transfer onto this course up until your second year of the BEng or MEng course."
Thank you! That’s to change onto the study abroad, don’t think it says anywhere about switching to a year in industry?
Reply 3
Original post by Engineering18
Thank you! That’s to change onto the study abroad, don’t think it says anywhere about switching to a year in industry?

It says exactly the same thing....

MEng Engineering Mathematics with a Year in Industry (via G161 or G162)

5 years full-time

The programme is the same as the MEng Engineering Mathematics course but with an additional year spent consolidating knowledge on an industrial placement.* You can transfer onto this course up until your second year of the BEng or MEng course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slightly OT - my brother went to Bristol, and got to spend a year at the University of Illinois, where he got to do a course on 'sport in the community'. He's the only person I know whose MEng degree results include marks gained from ten-pin bowling!
Reply 5
I am considering Bristol for either Aerospace Engineering or Design Engineering, whichever one I take will include a study abroad year but I am given to understand that it would have to be either France, Germany, Spain or Italy. I am interested in going to a country in Asia and so does anyone know if it would be possible to study outside the four options mentioned on the university's website?

https://www.bris.ac.uk/unit-programme-catalogue/RouteStructureCohort.jsa?byCohort=Y&cohort=Y&routeLevelCode=1&ayrCode=23%2F24&modeOfStudyCode=Full+Time&programmeCode=4AERO019U

Quick Reply

Latest