The Student Room Group

Economics BSC courses clearing

Thinking I now want to do Economics BSC how likely is it there will be Economics BSC courses availiable through clearing/adjustment this year at some good universities Bristol, Exeter etc as I know a few economics courses were in clearing last year.
You might be pushing it with those two but I have no idea.

I switched from pol+econ to just econ at one particular uni this time last year (so after UCAS had closed) and the uni happily accepted my application after the usual time spent reviewing it so you might want to email some of your choices and request the change while it's early.

Provided you meet the entry requirements and your personal statement has at least some econ/maths/stats in it, you'll be in with a solid chance.
Original post by HoldThisL
You might be pushing it with those two but I have no idea.

I switched from pol+econ to just econ at one particular uni this time last year (so after UCAS had closed) and the uni happily accepted my application after the usual time spent reviewing it so you might want to email some of your choices and request the change while it's early.

Provided you meet the entry requirements and your personal statement has at least some econ/maths/stats in it, you'll be in with a solid chance.

Bristol and Southampton were in clearing last year for economics at least they were according to the clearing articles published by newspapers online I'm anticipating a few economics courses being availble partly through the new A-Level Linear Maths which I think is going to catch a few people out in regards to the increased difficulty the old modular examinations were far easier I'm being told and secondly of course brexit meaning less international students applying from europe etc.
Original post by Luke_Telford
I'm anticipating a few economics courses being availble partly through the new A-Level Linear Maths which I think is going to catch a few people out in regards to the increased difficulty the old modular examinations were far easier I'm being told and secondly of course brexit meaning less international students applying from europe etc.

I wouldn't rely on that my man. When a department has spaces left on the course, the first people they let in are people who miss their firm offer narrowly - universities get your results days before you enter clearing so they've got plenty of time to fill places.

I also wouldn't rely on the politics either but don't underestimate your chances because university isn't quite as competitive as you may think. I got in a grade below my offer and I didn't even have to phone up.
Original post by HoldThisL
I wouldn't rely on that my man. When a department has spaces left on the course, the first people they let in are people who miss their firm offer narrowly - universities get your results days before you enter clearing so they've got plenty of time to fill places.

I also wouldn't rely on the politics either but don't underestimate your chances because university isn't quite as competitive as you may think. I got in a grade below my offer and I didn't even have to phone up.

Don't **** on my dreams lol
Original post by Luke_Telford
Don't **** on my dreams lol

What've you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest