Need some advice please? Watch

e^x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I need to go to Newcastle on Tuesday evening for work and will be staying there until Thursday evening.

My issue is that I'm looking after my grandfather by myself at the moment as my family are away and he cannot cook and is recovering from an infection.

i only found out that i had to go on Friday evening. I have told my manager the situation but he said that i will have to be in Newcastle for Wednesday and Thursday.

My Parents and sister are abroad at the moment.

I dont know what to do?

Thank you
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can you just cook some food he can reheat?
Apachecow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can you travel back each night? Could he go with you?

What sort of job do you have? Did you know travel at short notice and staying away could happen?
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't he pop a couple of ready meals in the microwave while you're gone? That's hardly cooking.
e^x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Decahedron)
Can you just cook some food he can reheat?
(Original post by Apachecow)
Can you travel back each night? Could he go with you?

What sort of job do you have? Did you know travel at short notice and staying away could happen?
(Original post by sknudson)
Can't he pop a couple of ready meals in the microwave while you're gone? That's hardly cooking.
He could do that but he's never had stuff like that before - he's always had home cooked traditional food.
I work as a tax associate at the big four. i cant travel back each night as im in London.

My main concern is that he will be by himself as he has always had someone with him especially as he is still recovering.
Last edited by e^x; 1 week ago
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by e^x)
He could do that but he's never had stuff like that before - he's always had homecooked traditional food.
I work as a tax associate at the big four.

My main concern is that he will be by himself as he has always had someone with him especially as he is still recovering.
How old is he?
e^x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Decahedron)
How old is he?
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If push comes to shove, then it's all of two and a half days he won't be eating the usual proper food, right? Take him out for a meal when he's feeling better. A handful of Tesco £3 meal deals might bridge the gap between somewhat fresh and convenience.
e^x
Rep:
?
(Original post by sknudson)
If push comes to shove, then it's all of two and a half days he won't be eating the usual proper food, right? Take him out for a meal when he's feeling better. A handful of Tesco £3 meal deals might bridge the gap between somewhat fresh and convenience.
I see what you're saying and that is what i would do too.

But my main point and concern is leaving him alone as he is vulnerable and has never lived alone. He doesn't speak English so would find it difficult to ask for help.
BBx2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have a friend or neighbour that could pop in to check on him?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (83)
58.87%
No (58)
41.13%

Watched Threads