How to get over your ex boyfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does anyone have any tips on how to get over someone who dumped you over text?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
deathbyeducation
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It can be easy to say, get over him. But I am currently in the same situation so here is what I have been doing:
I have been distracting myself. Meeting up with old friends. Spending more time on my studies. Finding new music and films to watch.
I have been blogging about my experiences of life at the moment talking about my studies and
I have been reading in order to immerse myself into someone else's life. I would suggest the author Harlen Coben.
I have been listing the positives of the breakup. Like going to Uni without a burden. No need for a constant worry.

Most of all. Take this time for looking after yourself and finding who you truly are without the worry of a significant other.

It has been two weeks and, although he may still be on my mind, I feel a lot better than I have done in a while.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by deathbyeducation)
It can be easy to say, get over him. But I am currently in the same situation so here is what I have been doing:
I have been distracting myself. Meeting up with old friends. Spending more time on my studies. Finding new music and films to watch.
I have been blogging about my experiences of life at the moment talking about my studies and
I have been reading in order to immerse myself into someone else's life. I would suggest the author Harlen Coben.
I have been listing the positives of the breakup. Like going to Uni without a burden. No need for a constant worry.

Most of all. Take this time for looking after yourself and finding who you truly are without the worry of a significant other.

It has been two weeks and, although he may still be on my mind, I feel a lot better than I have done in a while.
I’m less about him which Is a good sign. And I’ve found some things to distract me like catching up with school work. But I have a dilemma which involves him. Last year I booked tickets for us to go to a Color run. The tickets are refundable and one ticket got sent to his email for him to download. Do I ask him to send me the ticket back?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Remember that he is an individual who didn't even have the manner to dump you face to face.
Then decide to focus on whatever makes you happy and move forward with your life without him.
If you can't get cancel/get a refund on the tickets, you might want to consider donating yours to charity and letting him use his.
Just because seems to show limited consideration for other people, doesn't mean that you should stoop to that level of poor manners.
deathbyeducation
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I am agreeing with this for the ticket situation!!

(Original post by londonmyst)
Remember that he is an individual who didn't even have the manner to dump you face to face.
Then decide to focus on whatever makes you happy and move forward with your life without him.
If you can't get cancel/get a refund on the tickets, you might want to consider donating yours to charity and letting him use his.
Just because seems to show limited consideration for other people, doesn't mean that you should stoop to that level of poor manners.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I found out that because I paid for both our tickets I can transfer them to someone else, I’ve found someone to go with now so I’m a few weeks when things have settled I’ll ask him if he still wants the ticket.
Xenobee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My ex did this to me. He couldnt even dump you by face, thats not someone you wanna be with, I know it is had now, but whenever you start to feel sad, remember that he obviously didnt value you, or your relationship enough to do the decent thing and talk to you. As for the tickets, personally I wouldnt bother with them unless they were expensive because it is just another opportunity when maybe you are missing him to contact him, and the easiest way to get over someone is to basically, go cold turkey
mgi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m less about him which Is a good sign. And I’ve found some things to distract me like catching up with school work. But I have a dilemma which involves him. Last year I booked tickets for us to go to a Color run. The tickets are refundable and one ticket got sent to his email for him to download. Do I ask him to send me the ticket back?
Don't bother about the ticket. Get busy with your life. Don't take him back ever; he does not have the courage to tell you hard stuff face to face. Also consider what you can learn about dating and what you want out of it. Then look at how you date; if you want long-term dating then you need to go more slowly, let the guy do the chasing while you check out his dating style, his manners and his values! This is much less complicated than going to fast or being unclear about what you want! Agreed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (63)
8.39%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.53%
No, but I want to start (280)
37.28%
No, I am unable to (181)
24.1%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.7%