Going abroad just before exams? /Fear of Loss- HELP ME Watch

Sirena_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
During the upcoming April half term, for the 2 weeks when GCSE students should be intensely revising, I planned to visit my family in a different country. I have not seen them all year. My Grandmother recently became quite poorly and partially deaf, and I really fear the worst I am very close to her; she raised me as a toddler.
However, now I am experiencing mental conflicts.
Being a natural-born crammer, I know the half term would be essential for achieving my full potential in the exams. But bringing with me all my folders/posters/flashcards/books will be almost impossible, there is not enough luggage room.

Once I am there, I will be living in a 46 sq m flat- sharing with 8-11 people. There will be 4 raucous young children and 1 screaming baby, who I will need to babysit often. Additionally, the kids will be running around my study table, stealing pens and gluing textbook pages together.

Furthermore, the town had suffered radioactive fallout from the Chernobyl disaster, and I always feel exhausted and like I cannot fully breathe when I am there. When I return to England, my sleep cycle will be f***ed up and I'm scared of performing badly in my GCSEs.

What the heck should I do? I feel very egoistic and extremely cold-blooded for even thinking about wrecking the chance to meet my grandma, I love her so much. Surely I cannot choose some materialistic grades over my family? If this is my last chance, I will never forgive myself.
Sirena_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Would you ever go abroad/on holiday just before your exams?
Last edited by Sirena_; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise