Is it possible to get an internship in a primary school as a foreign? Watch

future teacher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all,

Im going to start with a short story about myself.

I am an American citizen who currently lives in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. I am studying 'Early Childhood Education' at Zayed University in the United Arab Emirates. As part of my program's final term curriculum (from January 2020 to June 2020), we are required to do an internship at a primary school so we could develop our skills and gain experience in dealing with young children.

I was wondering if primary schools in the UK accept international student applications for internships? If yes, how do I apply and what is the interview process?

I've already started emailing few primary schools and so far all I got are rejections. Should I keep looking or lose hope?

Im aware that I need a visa to work here but I believe this shouldn’t be a problem once I get accepted by a school.Thanks
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by future teacher)
Hi all,

Im going to start with a short story about myself.

I am an American citizen who currently lives in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. I am studying 'Early Childhood Education' at Zayed University in the United Arab Emirates. As part of my program's final term curriculum (from January 2020 to June 2020), we are required to do an internship at a primary school so we could develop our skills and gain experience in dealing with young children.

I was wondering if primary schools in the UK accept international student applications for internships? If yes, how do I apply and what is the interview process?

I've already started emailing few primary schools and so far all I got are rejections. Should I keep looking or lose hope?

Im aware that I need a visa to work here but I believe this shouldn’t be a problem once I get accepted by a school.Thanks
Wouldnt it be easier to do an internship in UAE.
Nesides the difficulty of getting a visam they would also have a problem with you as it would be almost impossible to do security vetting opn you and check whether you had a criminal record. They wouldnt know enough about you and there would be no central UK institution like a UK uni that they could link you to. In the UK all students who come into contact with vulnerable people need to be vetted and their records checked. That is straightforward for a UK citizen, but they would have no record of you. I think you getting a visa would be problematic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads