I have no idea what A-Levels to take! Help!! Watch

Bward680
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve applied to a college to do Sociology, English and History but recently my science teacher told me I should do A-level science! I find science really interesting but I lean more towards the arts subjects but now I am considering doing all 3 science A-levels as I don’t know what career to do and I’ve been told science subjects are more valuable and open more career choices. Please give advice! P.S I have my college interview Wednesday 😐
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Boliviabba
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why don't you take Spanish as well?
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
nothing wrong with doing a mix of arts and sciences. don't let teachers pressure you into doing a certain subject though if you don't enjoy it.
Bward680
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
nothing wrong with doing a mix of arts and sciences. don't let teachers pressure you into doing a certain subject though if you don't enjoy it.
The thing is I like both science and arts but I don’t want to take more than 3 A-levels!
Bward680
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boliviabba)
Why don't you take Spanish as well?
That ones definitely off the list as I take GCSE French instead of Spanish lol
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bward680)
The thing is I like both science and arts but I don’t want to take more than 3 A-levels!
well then don't do all three sciences- or start w four subjects then drop the one you enjoy the least.
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which subjects would you say you are best at and would enjoy more. Do you intend to go to uni, if so what subject area would you be looking at? What you do at A level either limits or enhances your choices in uni.
Bward680
Rep:
?
(Original post by nutz99)
Which subjects would you say you are best at and would enjoy more. Do you intend to go to uni, if so what subject area would you be looking at? What you do at A level either limits or enhances your choices in uni.
I’m a bit better at art subjects, but lately I’ve been finding the science subjects fascinating hence why I’m so keen to carry it on at a further level
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve applied to a college to do Sociology, English and History but recently my science teacher told me I should do A-level science! I find science really interesting but I lean more towards the arts subjects but now I am considering doing all 3 science A-levels as I don’t know what career to do and I’ve been told science subjects are more valuable and open more career choices. Please give advice! P.S I have my college interview Wednesday 😐
Hey! Why dont you do a mix of science and the arts to give yourself some options? Good Luck for your interview!
Sophia
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I do an arts and humanities/STEM mix with three A-levels, granted that the combination has more arts and humanities subjects. It's not too bad at all.
soph-cyana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
good luck with sociology RIP
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by soph-cyana)
good luck with sociology RIP
What's wrong with sociology? From what I hear, it sounds appealing if you're someone that's into that kind of stuff.
soph-cyana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
What's wrong with sociology? From what I hear, it sounds appealing if you're someone that's into that kind of stuff
it's fun and really interesting, just alot of writing to put up with
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by soph-cyana)
it's fun and really interesting, just alot of writing to put up with
Ah, fair enough. What other subjects do you study?
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My friend does English Literature, History, Chemistry and Maths. If you do something like English Lit, Chemistry and Biology you'd have quite a few options.
halsx11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you do all the sciences it will get too much for you especially as they’re content heavy! I would choose what you like to do and if you don’t want to do science in the future then it’s not for you! A-Levels are 10X harder than GCSE I wouldn’t advise you to listen to your teachers either, it’s your future/life not your teachers! They won’t be there in 2 years time sitting the A-Levels for you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads