My sexist parents control my life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I’m the oldest girl of a family of 7 and I have it really hard. I’m expected to cook, clean and generally help around the house all the time. I’m in my second year of A levels and I’m struggling. When I tell my mum I try my best to do both revising and helping she goes crazy on me. It doesn’t help that my parents are extremely sexist and think that only girls should do housework whilst boys focus on their education. I like science and do them all at A level which is hard work. If it was up to me I would’ve done midwifery at uni but my mum is forcing me to be a doctor. I’ll do anything to make my parents proud since they’ve done so much for me so I applied for medicine thinking I would learn to love it. I have an interview next week and I’m really stressed out and threats form my mum don’t make it any better. I’m literally crying myself to sleep just questioning everything. I have never felt it this strongly before but I really wish I was born a boy. I would have it so much easier being allowed to pick what I wanted to do and having automatic appreciation from my parents. No matter how hard I try they are never happy. I literally want to run away for a while and just go someplace I can think things through properly.

I don’t know if this I what depression is but I feel low and just sad and I cry ALL THE TIME. even when I get to college I try to switch to the happy me but I just can’t. They threaten to send me back to my homeland if I don’t listen to them .
When I was in secondary I remember I wasn’t allowed to go anywhere with friends but my brother visited different cities with his. Even now if my mum sees me with friends, she’ll judge then later use that against me and say look how you’ve gone all crazy look at the girls you hang around with. Btw my friends are all hardworking studious and respectful individuals but my mum would never believe that.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
montypython312
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Girl😔 I feeeeeeeeeeeeeel YOU!!! I’m the oldest of 5 and a girl! And it’s honestly so much pressure and it’s just SOOOO INTENSE ! I’ve got an interview for dentistry and honestly idk how I’m going to react if I get rejected IDK HOW ID TELL MY FAMILY!! just try to remember your parents just want the best for you and i always stay back at school to avoid going home which helps a lot too! Hang in there girl we got this❤️
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by montypython312)
Girl😔 I feeeeeeeeeeeeeel YOU!!! I’m the oldest of 5 and a girl! And it’s honestly so much pressure and it’s just SOOOO INTENSE ! I’ve got an interview for dentistry and honestly idk how I’m going to react if I get rejected IDK HOW ID TELL MY FAMILY!! just try to remember your parents just want the best for you and i always stay back at school to avoid going home which helps a lot too! Hang in there girl we got this❤️
Finally!!! Someone who can understand what I mean. I honestly get what you’re feeling esp the fear of failing at interview. I just feel like I’m gonna let them down so bad.. I also stay at college even when I finish early just so I don’t have to be back home so soon. Good luck for your dentistry interview!! You got me feeling a bit better now hahaha thanks! ❤️
montypython312
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Finally!!! Someone who can understand what I mean. I honestly get what you’re feeling esp the fear of failing at interview. I just feel like I’m gonna let them down so bad.. I also stay at college even when I finish early just so I don’t have to be back home so soon. Good luck for your dentistry interview!! You got me feeling a bit better now hahaha thanks! ❤️
OMG GIRL ur like the first person who can relate to me!!! And honestly after helping my mum with house work I get soooo tired and I hardly do any school work AND WHEN I TELL MY MUM I CANT HELP BECAUSE OF SCHOOL WORK SHE GETS SUPER SALTY WITH ME!! it’s just such an awks situation to be in and I’m so nervous for my interview but GIRL we have made it this far and if you try your best that’s enough and I’m sure the uni would love you, you sound like an awesome person ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (54)
8.37%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (239)
37.05%
No, I am unable to (150)
23.26%
No, I chose not to (186)
28.84%