Year 11 journey Watch

intisar11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
HI guys! This is gonna be my first GYG and to be 100% real with everyone, I'm just starting to wrap my head about what it even is. See for me GYG is a chance to show everyone that achievements aren't what they seem like. People make the assumption that everything comes easy to me and to many other people. No matter how hard I try to defend myself and say life is not all rainbows, they don't believe me. Well, here's my chance you guys can see the highs,the lows (and trust me there are a lot of lows) all my achievements and all of my failures. Well technically I wouldn't consider anything a failure, just a massive lesson to be learnt..

HERE ARE MY TARGET GRADES FOR ALL OF MY GCSES:
• RE (religious education)~ I already did this gcse and got a grade 9. I did it last year so if you want to hear more about that stay tuned.
•Maths~ 9
•English literature~ 9
•English language~ 8/9
•Physics~ 7/8
•chemistry~ 8/9
•biology~9
•history~8
•art~7
•spanish~7

Sixth forms, since they are heavily linked to my targets:
I got accepted to the Westminster school on a bursary and honestly I'm very scared. It's an amazing school and they are the 2nd most prestigious school in the country however all this glory has added so much extra pressure in my life. To know that I need to get the conditional offer to the school with my own hard work and not having the ”best” tutors as some of the kids going will have is really stressfull. My conditional offer is on the basis that I get 8 grade 7s and of that 4 8/9s in the subjects I have studies

Now, how am I going to get those grades? This is what I do.

For maths:
my teacher told me I made 37 marks progress in this half term of school, I moved from a grade 6 to 7 one mark of an 8. Personally as we all know, maths is solely an application based subject, you can't really make flashcards and suddenly know everything. Yes there are some equations that you will need to learn but homesly, that should be the least of everyone’s worry. I have a maths exercise book in which I go through topic by topic and read the content, literally regurgitating all the key equations and content. I then move on to doing the practise questions, I just do as many as I can find per topic. As a girl said on the student room somewhere, you don’t just answer until you know how to do i, you keep on answering questions until it is drilled into your mind and you cannot fail at that question. Anything I get wrong I highlight and mark so that I can ask my teacher how to explain it for me. I try to go through as many practice papers as possible, to get myself into the exam zone and get as much exam practice as possible.

For English:
PRACTISE ESSAYS!!!!!! honestly this is something I will always scream. If your timing is bad try and time yourself, trust me it’s always rubbish in the beginning. Just hand in an essay to you teacher and sit down one day after school and go through your essay, there will always be ideas you could have mentioned but forgot and little things like that can gain you marks and up your grade. Trust me, I’ve written grade 5 essays and grade 8 essays in the same year. You just need to keep going.
MR BRUFF!! The guy is a god-sent gift, especially for poetry, trust me by watching his videos I feel spiritually uplifted. At times our teachers will not give us the best annotations of poetry and they lack perception. But Mr bruff has it all. Just keep practising, nobody is perfect at English.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by intisar11; 6 days ago
intisar11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Gosh I am so tired
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by intisar11; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (47)
9.07%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.7%
No, but I want to start (186)
35.91%
No, I am unable to (121)
23.36%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.96%