The Student Room Group

Working at a pharmacy

I saw that my local pharmacy was advertising a part time counter/dispenser assistant job and i'm interested as i want to get into nursing and i need a bit of extra money but i'm still in secondary school and i'm not sure if i need qualifications to do the job. Should i apply? or am i just going to embarrass myself?
You should apply- i dont have any personal experiance but i do have a friend who worked as a counter assistant in his local pharmacy, while doing GCSE's /A-levels. As far as i am aware its similar to most retail jobs and you would working as a cashier, restocking shelves, making up prescriptions, cleaning and you would be under supervision of a pharmasist. Even if you didnt have the qualifications you would not be embarassing yourself they just wont select you for the job!
Reply 2
Thanks for the response, i handed in a cv a few days ago but the job had already been filled by somebody. The pharmacist still took my cv and said that they will call me if another Saturday job opens up. Hopefully it'll be soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending