Has growing up without a stable father figure had a negative impact on me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I have always struggled since forever with social skills, and especially connecting with women. I am age 20 and never had a date or a girlfriend or sex and at this point im just starting to think that somethings wrong with me and that maybe I am just hardwired in some unique way that I will probably just be single forever, and so I shouldn't care.
Laurathrive
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Nothing is wrong with you. I think your situation is way more common than you would think. Forget about your age, its all about when you feel ready and you have met the right person. Take the pressure off of yourself and try to think positively. If it gets on top of you, I would suggest seeking out a counsellor. As it will help you put things into perspective. I’m 25 and I genuinely only feel like I’m now ready to start seriously dating etc. Throw the societal norms out of the window. Its your life, and it takes time to process your feelings about relationships when you didn't have the relationship you wanted and deserved to have with your dad. So just focus on having a good relationship with yourself.

Best of luck to you Anoymous, I remember those days all too well. You’ll be fine. 👍🏽
Last edited by Laurathrive; 6 days ago
yankeedog1953
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Dont know about neg. impact. I do know its a part of what has made you what you are. I have known both men and women whose childhoods were. an absolute hell and they have had fine lives. If yoiu feel something in your childhood has impacted you negatively you have a sort of obligation to rise above it for the sake of your own offspring.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Same and Same
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just gotta get yourself out there more mate. Suppose some people are just "unlucky in love", but if you get yourself out there more then you stand more of a chance of meeting someone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.18%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.52%
No, I am unable to (162)
23.65%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise