What are the most OVERRATED A level subjects? Watch

XKangaotiCX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thought it'd be fun to chat about, and hopefully make me feel better about my own a level choices (as long as no one picks 'em)
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
history
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zasty)
history
ouch, 1st one struck off my list, yikes. What a levels did you do?
chloedeniselewis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely agree with history! I’m in Year 13 now, and there’s SO much information to remember, literally over 100 years of key events, people and changes, all for 1 exam.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloedeniselewis)
Definitely agree with history! I’m in Year 13 now, and there’s SO much information to remember, literally over 100 years of key events, people and changes, all for 1 exam.
What exam board do you do? It sounds different to the one I'm gonna do - we're doing about tudors, american civil rights and german history..
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by XKangaotiCX)
Thought it'd be fun to chat about, and hopefully make me feel better about my own a level choices (as long as no one picks 'em)
What do you mean by overrated? Who is doing the rating and what is it?
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Design and technology, geography and English Literature.
chloedeniselewis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
WJEC! And those are the exact topics I’ve done / am doing. I found the tudors really hard (was a 100 years topic), as within each topic there were so many different name, events, causes, consequences, etc. German history was pretty easy last year, (I managed to get an A on the paper) as I had done it from year 9-12. And we’re currently doing ‘The American Century’ which had both civil right and foreign policy in it, and I found the ‘early days’ of civil rights to be quite difficult to remember, and I struggle with the foreign policy side of it as there is so much information!
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
What do you mean by overrated? Who is doing the rating and what is it?
I don't mean it in such a literal sense, but an a level subject which loads of people do that isn't that great is basically what I mean
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloedeniselewis)
WJEC! And those are the exact topics I’ve done / am doing. I found the tudors really hard (was a 100 years topic), as within each topic there were so many different name, events, causes, consequences, etc. German history was pretty easy last year, (I managed to get an A on the paper) as I had done it from year 9-12. And we’re currently doing ‘The American Century’ which had both civil right and foreign policy in it, and I found the ‘early days’ of civil rights to be quite difficult to remember, and I struggle with the foreign policy side of it as there is so much information!
Ah, I get it. I didn't think the tudors lasted that long lel... would you say history is interesting though?
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Crow_M)
Design and technology, geography and English Literature.
Geography is an L! I've taken it... Rather have taken Economics still
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't mean it in such a literal sense, but an a level subject which loads of people do that isn't that great is basically what I mean
Great as in what though?

How difficult it is? How interesting it is?
chloedeniselewis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly, I find the civil rights section, as well as the nazi Germany section really interesting, as they are subjects everyone knows a little about, but actually massively affected many’s lives, but I found the Tudor side of it really boring, I couldn’t motivate myself to revise properly for the exam, and even thought I got a C on the paper, I really struggled with it, as the paper is just 2 essay questions, unlike the usual source, interpretations style questions / essay questions that are on the Germany paper!
Jess Chan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah, I get it. I didn't think the tudors lasted that long lel... would you say history is interesting though?
Interesting and stressful like none of my other A Levels.
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
?
(Original post by BasicMistake)
Great as in what though?

How difficult it is? How interesting it is?
Well, it's down to interpretation, so both difficulty and interest can be considered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads