Best student accommodation for city views Watch

dinodash99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Applying for accommodation next month but I really want a room with some city views. I hear it’s the Mary Struges residences that have some good ones. How high do I have to go to get that (floor wise)? Hate stairs (my legs lmao) but love city views a lot!
Kash24411
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you can get Lakeside block A (where I was the first year) then the kitchen has a brilliant view of the bullring and city! Although you will have to be quite a few floors up.

However, I believe there is little say in which floor and block you are allocated to. Also, all the accommodations have lifts so don't worry about that.
dinodash99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kash24411)
If you can get Lakeside block A (where I was the first year) then the kitchen has a brilliant view of the bullring and city! Although you will have to be quite a few floors up.

However, I believe there is little say in which floor and block you are allocated to. Also, all the accommodations have lifts so don't worry about that.
Isn’t Lakeside only for returning/postgraduate students?
Kash24411
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dinodash99)
Isn’t Lakeside only for returning/postgraduate students?
Not sure! It wasn't when I applied though that may have changed.
dinodash99
Rep:
?
Not sure! It wasn't when I applied though that may have changed.
It seems to be the case now haha it does look quite nice though.
dinodash99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago

Oh, right. Forgot to ask, how was the social life in Lakeside? Is it any different and how many other students were in your flat?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (74)
7.83%
I used to but I don't now (27)
2.86%
No, but I want to start (350)
37.04%
No, I am unable to (240)
25.4%
No, I chose not to (254)
26.88%