The Student Room Group

Are smarter people less or more weird?

Scroll to see replies

There's an inverse correlation between IQ/intellectual ability and social skills. The higher the IQ, the poorer the social skills and the higher the tendency to be called "weird". Those people you meet who are super-smart, purely academic high-achievers, hyper-focused on their own careers etc, are also the ones with a smaller circle of friends because they put less effort into their social interactions than their academics. Conversely, people with a slightly lower IQ learn how to make up for this by becoming good speakers (making people listen to them), developing their personality, making friends and engaging in activities that make them popular with people (e.g. sports). IMO, the most successful people are those who find the sweet spot in the middle, i.e. focusing equally on academics and social skills. They're both as important as each other.
Original post by Anonymous
It’s psychologically proven. Openness and extraversion are the most statistically robust sub components of personality. Also I’m not really answering my question. I’m proposing a point of view then waiting for someone to challenge me. It’s comes across as devil’s advocate but I’m merely trying to trigger an intellectual conversation.

You’re not proposing that openness and extroversion are the most statistically robust sub components of personality, you are asking if intelligence and extroversion correlate which by the way you can be extroverted and socially inept, your point is quite silly, you can’t generalise an entire group of people into one category.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending