I can't stop eating Watch

Mruczega
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just ate so I'm not hungry. Yet my brain keeps telling me to eat, anything. I don't have a craving for a particular thing. It's just telling me "eat" none stop. Right now I'm so full that it hurts but I have a strong desire to eat. It's been going on for some time. I have been trying to drink when that happens because maybe I'm thirsty but it doesn't help.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mruczega)
I just ate so I'm not hungry. Yet my brain keeps telling me to eat, anything. I don't have a craving for a particular thing. It's just telling me "eat" none stop. Right now I'm so full that it hurts but I have a strong desire to eat. It's been going on for some time. I have been trying to drink when that happens because maybe I'm thirsty but it doesn't help.
If this has been going on for a while, then speak to your GP about it.
Teajackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You sound as if you are addicted or comfort eating. Try to discipline yourself or go to the doctor.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The more you eat the more your stomach expands and the quicker you'll get hungry. I have definately noticed this. and looked it up online and I was right.

I went on some intermittent fasting last month and by the 3rd or 4th day even eating 400 calories worth of rice and a bag of crisps and a drink made me feel so so bloated like i had eaten 2 dinners or something.

start intermittant fasting [you'll need willpower though] and after a few days you literally won't be able to eat all the time cause your stomach will have shrunk
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teajackson)
You sound as if you are addicted or comfort eating. Try to discipline yourself or go to the doctor.
Not really, yesterday when the "food" thing started in my mind I was having a merry time. One of my favorites manga (like a book/comic book but Korean) finally got updates after a year-long copyright issue.

Plus my discipline is pretty good but yesterday it was hard to control as I felt like I was starving although I was so full that eating started to hurt. Let's just say that I managed not to eat a whole box of cereal that I was staring at like a maniac.
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
The more you eat the more your stomach expands and the quicker you'll get hungry. I have definately noticed this. and looked it up online and I was right.

I went on some intermittent fasting last month and by the 3rd or 4th day even eating 400 calories worth of rice and a bag of crisps and a drink made me feel so so bloated like i had eaten 2 dinners or something.

start intermittant fasting [you'll need willpower though] and after a few days you literally won't be able to eat all the time cause your stomach will have shrunk
I did a lot of research on this before and while your stomach can expand, it can't shrink.

I am considering doing fasting someday but not at the moment. I feel that I need to do more research on it.

400 calories of rice, a drink and crisps are a lot so I'm not surprised that you felt full.
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
If this has been going on for a while, then speak to your GP about it.
Well, I will wait a week, make notes of every time it happens and then decide if I should go. The clinic in my town is pretty **** so I'm sure that they will be like "you will be fine, go away."
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did a lot of research on this before and while your stomach can expand, it can't shrink.

I am considering doing fasting someday but not at the moment. I feel that I need to do more research on it.

400 calories of rice, a drink and crisps are a lot so I'm not surprised that you felt full.
It would normally take 2 dinners to make me feel that full. I'm rarely that full. Only on special occasions like xmas or all you can buffet

rice and drink and crisps is typically just a snack for me., yet i felt as though i ate two dinners

Something definately happened to my stomach after a few days of intermittant fasting. I physically couldn't manage eating that much
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
It would normally take 2 dinners to make me feel that full. I'm rarely that full. Only on special occasions like xmas or all you can buffet

rice and drink and crisps is typically just a snack for me., yet i felt as though i ate two dinners

Something definately happened to my stomach after a few days of intermittant fasting. I physically couldn't manage eating that much
I don't know if you're Muslim. When I (and others) fast in Ramadan (18 hour fasts) and then break meal you can hardly eat anything (even if you want to) because your body isn't used to the nourishment and the digestive system is on a bit of a break.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.59%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.19%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.15%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.15%
No (200)
69.93%

Watched Threads