What is going on with my ex? Watch

Canadaboy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So she [17] broke up with me[17] 5 months ago, partly because of distance, partly because she was scared of commitment/ not ready for a real relationship. We had dated for a month, and we both have told each other numerous times (even since the breakup) how much we mean to each other and that we are really glad to have met each other and have each other in our lives. I know it's cliché but it really is true, we have never met someone like each other before, we really get each other.

After the b/u we never really did no contact, and I never really got over her fully. We still texted quite frequently for the 4 months or so after the break up, but of course not as we had before. Well bout a month ago we had a really deep convo and confessed a bunch of personal **** to each other, she then asked me if I wanted to go skating, not as a date, but as friends, she missed me. I agreed, and we did it. We were both happy to see each other again, and it wasn't awkward at all and didn't feel like it had been 4 months since we'd seen each other. That first time seeing her again, I realized I had no feelings towards her. I saw her only as a friend and was happy to. I really did see her only platonically.

Few weeks later, I asked her if she wanted to go out for lunch, she agreed and again we had a great time (we always spend probably 90% of our time together laughing our asses off). This time she said she wanted to come out to my end of town (fairly far for her, we usually meet somewhere half way for us). There was also a few instances of strong continuous eye contact, and I think this did it for me. Afterwards I was realizing my feelings were coming back. Well ****.

She had already said she wanted to come see my band's show in two weeks time, and she then hit me up and and asked if I was free the coming weekend (just this weekend, so we will have seen each other 3 weekends in a row) I said yes, and she came over to my place. We watched a movie and listened to some vinyls. I also played/ sang her fav song for her on guitar (I'd learned it back when we were dating). By this point we were sitting pretty close to each other. I could kinda sense that vibe, like that energy in the air (I'm sure you know what I mean) and she would switch from looking at my eyes to my lips as we were talking. I also casually touched her arm and leg a few times as I was telling stories or teasing her.

So I definitely have feelings for her again. I didn't try to kiss her or anything (She's still never kissed anyone, and it would have been outa line), and I'm guessing she still isn't ready for a relationship. She also has casually mentioned prom around me a few times the last times we've hung out. We also got into the same Uni, so we will be around each other more next year.

So I don't want to ask her where she stands, at least not yet, as I don't want to scare her away if she is still unsure. I'm also aware she could see me as purely a friend, but I don't really know. My plan is just to keep hanging out with her like we are, no labels or expectations attached, take it slowly, and if anything happens it does, and if it doesn't it doesn't. Just would like the Internet's opinion?

TL;DR Ex and I are hanging out again, I like her again, and not really sure where she's at.
Wickvicks
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Your own solution seems pretty sound, just keep hanging out and reading into the signs she’s giving off to try and figure out where you guys stand and if you think she is interested still maybe bring it up to her when you think the time is right
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Canadaboy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Wickvicks)
Your own solution seems pretty sound, just keep hanging out and reading into the signs she’s giving off to try and figure out where you guys stand and if you think she is interested still maybe bring it up to her when you think the time is right
I guess, good to hear. It would just be nice if there was something to do sooner rather than have this drag on with me wondering for the next little while. But I guess it will work, just gotta be patient.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 days ago
Yo man just leave her not worth it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.16%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.46%
No, I am unable to (163)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.13%