Still living with your parents when you are 32 Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
What do you think is it kind of sad or a bit weird?
CollectiveSoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you think is it kind of sad or a bit weird?
a bit sad but very sensible
Johndoeskitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd think it depends on their situation, not all people at that age living with parents are automatically pathetic. For example, I know one of my friends is actually 31 and living with his mother but that's because she has been three times divorced and has no friends. He has plenty of money but chooses to have her stay with him out of feeling a duty of care to her since he's the oldest child and single.

Another friend of mine, his parents are filthy rich and own a 4 or 5 storey house i cant remember. Anyway the father told his sons that if they wanted to inherit his company they all had to live under one roof because he believes the whole family should be together. So the sons still live there at ages 30 and 26, each have their own level and if they marry they have to bring their wives in there also.

Also it's very normal for asian/middle eastern families to live together. I personally wouldn't want to live with my parents though and if I dated someone they have to have their own place
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
Depends on the reasons. If they’re staying with their parents just to loaf off / avoid taking responsibility of their own life then yes it’s weird.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
basically can't afford to move out free loading has no friends no motivation etc
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don’t think it’s sad, but it’s not going to do anything for your self-esteem. Do you not fight with them a lot? I couldn’t stand to live with my family again.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
depends, does he have a job? are they working towards anything?

my sibling lives with my parents and earns £60k. pays rent and no need to move out as he's in a different city 5 days of the week.
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s weird.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Future me, provided I tolerate existence itself until then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.16%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.46%
No, I am unable to (163)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.13%