Self-Studying Further Maths (AS and A2) Watch

ashleydixon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My college doesn't offer Further Maths as a course due to insufficient numbers of potential takers (I think I was the only one in the entire year 12, despite it being in the centre of a large city). As I want to study maths at a university with a highly-regarded maths department, I chose to buy the Further Maths books for a full A2 course with FP1 and FP2 as my options (therefore I have books CP1, CP2, FP1, and FP2) and then enter myself as an external student in my own college to take the actual exam (I checked and this is totally fine).

Has anyone here ever done this before ? As I progress through the textbooks I realise that it's more challenging than I had initially thought (although I don't have any significant issues with anything at the moment; coming to the end of CP1), and was wondering if anyone could share their final grades and any tips they have to someone self-studying such a course with a minimum target of an A at the end of A2.
matt45111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well, i'm taking 3 A levels through a distant learning college maths, chemistry and biology without any of the GCSE foundation on them and am managing, just.
Odetosophxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi. I’m at a sixth form where I am taught fm. We have been taught D1 and FP1 and these weren’t too bad. I taught myself most of a level maths nd so to fill my lesson time, I have been self teaching FS1 and FM1. I have found FS1 easy to teach myself but I have struggled with mechanics. I also have the FP2 book but I decided not to continue with it for now as I found it very hard. I will be looking at FP2 however before uni
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.44%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%