I'm self teaching My A levels how many hours should I do of each subject per weel Watch

Mixedraceguy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey I'm 17 and self teaching A level Maths, Chemistry, Accounting how many hours should I be studying per week for each subject. I want to apply for Chemistry this September and I'm a bit behind so I'm working slightly more in Chemistry rn I find maths the most difficult
I've predicted myself CCD
Neil621
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if your behind then about 8 hours a week for each subject
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neil621)
if your behind then about 8 hours a week for each subject
Is that it? I was thinking 2.5 hours a day for each subject around 16 to 18 hours per week for each subject
This includes watching videos and lessons on youtube, making notes and brainstorming, revising and completing tests
olivia1407
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At my sixth form we have 5 hours of class for each subject a week and then they recommend spending about 4 hours studying outside of college on each subject a week. so 9 hours a week should be plenty
Neil621
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
16 to 18 hours per week for each subject is way too much. You will burn out. Sometimes less is more
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neil621)
16 to 18 hours per week for each subject is way too much. You will burn out. Sometimes less is more
How can less be more, can you elaborate?
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
(Original post by olivia1407)
At my sixth form we have 5 hours of class for each subject a week and then they recommend spending about 4 hours studying outside of college on each subject a week. so 9 hours a week should be plenty
I currently do 16 hours cus I'm behind and I find the more I do the better I do in the exam

Also bare in mind I don't have access to all the resources a teacher or even a student may have at sixth form, I use my textbooks, watch YouTube videos on my smart tv, do exam questions, use websites which have questions based on the topics and there's a few apps I use on my phone or tablet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.11%
Yes - a food allergy (61)
10.63%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.61%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.61%
No (402)
70.03%

Watched Threads