The Student Room Group

Devising exam - Drama

Hello! I’m a year 10 student currently working on my devised piece which is being performed in 2 months. The issue is; my group is pretty dysfunctional. We don’t work well together and whilst other groups are on scene 4 or 5 our of 6, we’re not even done with scene two. It may seem totally selfish, and possibly cheaty to be asking here for ideas, but the desperation is kicking in.

Our theme is knife crime in London.
Our first scene is the perspective of a mother who loses her son to such knife crime. We indulge in how media comments on her son and paints him out to be wrong.

Our second scene is also a parent, but this time of a perpetrator. We take a more abstract route with this scene, explaining thoughts and feelings alongside both sides of the story.

The problem we’re faced with is movement. We don’t know what to do for the other scenes. Right now, we’re working on one which is a surviving victim. Then we have three more after that, one from someone that got arrested for possession with intent to harm. Another from a perpetrator and another from a witness who didn’t know the victim.

Any ideas of what we could do?
All help is appreciated!
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending