Can I do my A levels online when I move to Austalia? Watch

aaliyahmathieu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
This July me and my family is going to move to Australia. I would have completed one year of college and have AS levels. However I want to go to uni so its better if i do my Alevels online while i'm in Aussie for that one year. Then when i'm 18 I i would have 3 A levels possibly an ASlevel aswell.

So basically is this possible? Am I able to do A levels in a different country online? If so where can I find these courses? I've looked on places such as Open College but I think you have to live in the UK in order to apply for that. I dont mind travelling back to the UK in order to do the exams itself in May/June its just the year i'll have would be in Australia.

Thanks, Aaliyah
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aaliyahmathieu)
This July me and my family is going to move to Australia. I would have completed one year of college and have AS levels. However I want to go to uni so its better if i do my Alevels online while i'm in Aussie for that one year. Then when i'm 18 I i would have 3 A levels possibly an ASlevel aswell.

So basically is this possible? Am I able to do A levels in a different country online? If so where can I find these courses? I've looked on places such as Open College but I think you have to live in the UK in order to apply for that. I dont mind travelling back to the UK in order to do the exams itself in May/June its just the year i'll have would be in Australia.

Thanks, Aaliyah
Subjects with assessed coursework or practical exams can be a problem. Otherwise there are lots of options to learn A level content outside of school e.g.
https://cloudlearn.co.uk/Courses/Onl...el-Courses/101
https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/a-levels
https://interhigh.co.uk/

If you prepared for international A levels then you might be able to take exams in Australia. Check with the british council if they offer them in Australia https://www.britishcouncil.org.au/exam/igcse-school
National Extension College
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hello Aaliyah,

You can take a variety of A level courses with NEC for distance learning.
All you need is an internet connection and a device that meets the minimum system requirements.

Please be advised that only Edexcel offer exams outside the UK. Therefore you may want to choose your courses with that in mind.
We also advise that, as a starting point, you enquire with exam centres in Australia as to which exams they can offer, and take it from there.

Best of luck with the move, and if we can be of any assistance please get in touch;
0800 389 2839
0044 1223 400 200 (From outside the UK)
[email protected]

--
Rana
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by National Extension College)

Please be advised that only Edexcel offer exams outside the UK. Therefore you may want to choose your courses with that in mind.
Not really accurate, CIE (Cambridge) and AQA (oxford) also offer them.
Do you mean that if someone chooses NEC for distance learning then they should choose Edexcel materials and take Edexcel exams.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gdunne42; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise