Is Kent known for Business and Management?? Watch

xanamsg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I was just wondering if the university of Kent is well known for its course business and management.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Student Rep Phil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi xanamsg,

Great question!

The Kent Business School (KBS) is a top 30 UK business school for academic teaching, student satisfaction and graduate employment prospects. Students who have graduated with a Business & Management degree have gone on to work for top organisations such as Deloitte UK, Deutsche Bank, HP, Disney, etc. The school itself also works closely with companies such as IBM and KPMG and gets professionals to come in and hold sessions to support students with their employability and career prospects regularly.

Business itself can be a very broad subject area and one thing I have enjoyed about this particular programme is that it allows you to explore a variety of subject areas in your first year, whilst giving you the flexibility to focus on a particular area in your second and final year if you wish to. Heres a link which will take you to the course structure page for your perusal. [LINK]

As part of the Business & Management degree, you will also have to undertake a Year in Industry (a placement) which has definitely been one of my biggest highlights during my time here. I had the opportunity to work as a Marketing Intern for an SME and was able to gain valuable business experience whilst also contributing to the company's successful from Day 1. Personally, I decided to enrol myself onto the programme because nowadays employers are looking for graduates with experience in the field so this will definitely help you to spice up your CV and leave a lasting impression when applying for graduate jobs later on. The Careers and Employability team are also super helpful when it comes to networking with employers and the whole application process to increase your chances of success!

Most of my friends have already found graduate jobs and will be going off to companies such as IBM, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Grant Thornton, and EY after they graduate.. as for me, I'm hoping to do a Postgraduate degree. :smartass:

I hope this has answered your question. Feel free to pop me a message if you have any other questions about the course or University of Kent in general. Always happy to help.

Enjoy your day!
Phil
xanamsg
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Student Rep Phil)
Hi xanamsg,

Great question!

The Kent Business School (KBS) is a top 30 UK business school for academic teaching, student satisfaction and graduate employment prospects. Students who have graduated with a Business & Management degree have gone on to work for top organisations such as Deloitte UK, Deutsche Bank, HP, Disney, etc. The school itself also works closely with companies such as IBM and KPMG and gets professionals to come in and hold sessions to support students with their employability and career prospects regularly.

Business itself can be a very broad subject area and one thing I have enjoyed about this particular programme is that it allows you to explore a variety of subject areas in your first year, whilst giving you the flexibility to focus on a particular area in your second and final year if you wish to. Heres a link which will take you to the course structure page for your perusal. [LINK]

As part of the Business & Management degree, you will also have to undertake a Year in Industry (a placement) which has definitely been one of my biggest highlights during my time here. I had the opportunity to work as a Marketing Intern for an SME and was able to gain valuable business experience whilst also contributing to the company's successful from Day 1. Personally, I decided to enrol myself onto the programme because nowadays employers are looking for graduates with experience in the field so this will definitely help you to spice up your CV and leave a lasting impression when applying for graduate jobs later on. The Careers and Employability team are also super helpful when it comes to networking with employers and the whole application process to increase your chances of success!

Most of my friends have already found graduate jobs and will be going off to companies such as IBM, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Grant Thornton, and EY after they graduate.. as for me, I'm hoping to do a Postgraduate degree. :smartass:

I hope this has answered your question. Feel free to pop me a message if you have any other questions about the course or University of Kent in general. Always happy to help.

Enjoy your day!
Phil
Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm probably starting university there this year, I will be an international student so I didn't really knew if it was well recognised or not Thank you for all the information you provided and good luck on your postgraduate degree!
Student Rep Phil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xanamsg)
Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm probably starting university there this year, I will be an international student so I didn't really knew if it was well recognised or not Thank you for all the information you provided and good luck on your postgraduate degree!
No problem and thank you!
I had lots of fun here and the lecturers take the time to get to know you. It's a great community.

All the best with your applications!
Phil
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads