Withdrawing UCAS and reapplying next year Watch

darceywilkinson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I found myself to be quite unhappy with my current UCAS position. I have applies to study Law at Leeds, Newcastle, Kings College London, Durham and Bristol. I have received very good offers from both Leeds and Newcastle, however, I performed poorly in my LNAT exam which lead to KCL rejecting me and I'm basically awaiting both Durham and Bristol to reject me as well.

On visiting both Leeds and newcastle I didn't feel as though they were the places for me and I actually felt as though I was accepting defeat. My idea is that I withdraw my application from this year, wait till i have my grades, and then reapply to Durham and Bristol along with some different uni options. I would then be able to resit the LNAT and hopefully do better and be a more attractive candidate as I will have solid grades, not predictions.

I wanted to see if anyone else had done this and if you think it's a good rout to take. I wanted to see if they were any potential draw backs to this idea and whether it could actually work against me?

Thank you,
Darcey
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by darceywilkinson)
I found myself to be quite unhappy with my current UCAS position. I have applies to study Law at Leeds, Newcastle, Kings College London, Durham and Bristol. I have received very good offers from both Leeds and Newcastle, however, I performed poorly in my LNAT exam which lead to KCL rejecting me and I'm basically awaiting both Durham and Bristol to reject me as well.

On visiting both Leeds and newcastle I didn't feel as though they were the places for me and I actually felt as though I was accepting defeat. My idea is that I withdraw my application from this year, wait till i have my grades, and then reapply to Durham and Bristol along with some different uni options. I would then be able to resit the LNAT and hopefully do better and be a more attractive candidate as I will have solid grades, not predictions.

I wanted to see if anyone else had done this and if you think it's a good rout to take. I wanted to see if they were any potential draw backs to this idea and whether it could actually work against me?

Thank you,
Darcey
Your life and its fine.
Focus on A levels, then use the gap constructively.
学生の父
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by darceywilkinson)

Thank you,
Darcey
You could do that, Darcey, although withdrawing from UCAS now is rather like pushing the nuclear button!

Wait until you do hear from Durham and Bristol, and take stock again then. If you really don't want to go to Leeds or Newcastle, you can decline their offers with no problem.

Are there any other unis you might consider? It's not too late to try find places elsewhere through Extra (and later on through Clearing). As long as you don't have any active offers, that is an option which is open to you.

My only concern is, once you've nuked UCAS this year you can't decide to make a fresh application for September 2019. Sit tight at least till you know what Bristol and Durham want to do with you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.59%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.19%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.15%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.15%
No (200)
69.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed