Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it possible?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
winterscoming
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Of course it is. If you consistently eat fewer calories than your body consumes for a sufficient length of time, then weight loss is inevitable.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes

https://www.segerios.com/wp-content/...eve-In-You.jpg
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends. If you currently weigh 50kg then probably not.

Serious answer, you can lose as much weight as needed through diet alone, yes. See the FAQ in the fitness section.
beeo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As long as you’re in a calorie defecit, you’ll lose weight. You can create a defecit by eating less calories or moving more - download a calorie tracking app like MyFitnessPal to know exactly how many calories you’re eating. Google TDEE calculator to calculate how many calories you need to maintain your weight, subtract 500 to see how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. It’s simple science, calories in vs calories out.
学生の父
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, sure. How else would you expect to lose weight, other than by reducing calorie intake and increasing exercise?

Shedding 4 or 5 stones could take you a year or two, and I would suggest you have a word with your doctor as to how quickly you should consider making such a radical weight loss.
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i think that you would need to do more than walking and diet to achieve that weight lose for example maybe you can join a fitness class which is appealing to you, or go to the gym twice a week
Tootles
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KimNoel)
i think that you would need to do more than walking and diet to achieve that weight lose for example maybe you can join a fitness class which is appealing to you, or go to the gym twice a week
Walking exercises all the muscles in the body - arms, legs, diaphragm, heart, everything. A brisk half-hour-or-so walk twice a day - morning and evening - together with a healthy diet, is enough exercise for most people.
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Walking exercises all the muscles in the body - arms, legs, diaphragm, heart, everything. A brisk half-hour-or-so walk twice a day - morning and evening - together with a healthy diet, is enough exercise for most people.
i do that anyway however i find that just walking maynot be the perfect opotion
Tootles
Report 1 week ago
i do that anyway however i find that just walking maynot be the perfect opotion
Explain?
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Explain?
im not explaining, i don't have time
Tootles
Report 1 week ago
im not explaining, i don't have time
Don't make a claim if you're not prepared to explain it or back it up :borat:
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't make a claim if you're not prepared to explain it or back it up :borat:
ok i would say that just walking everyday isn't going to get you that far u would have to walk a lot more than u think, but doing exercise you would then burn it off quicker
beeo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Walking for an hour burns 200 calories, thats like 2 slices of bread - sure, walking is great but you’d have to walk A LOT to lose weight.
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by beeo)
Walking for an hour burns 200 calories, thats like 2 slices of bread - sure, walking is great but you’d have to walk A LOT to lose weight.
thats what i was trying to explain
Anonymous #1
(Original post by winterscoming)
Of course it is. If you consistently eat fewer calories than your body consumes for a sufficient length of time, then weight loss is inevitable.
I usually eat 1,500-2,000 calories. Does that mean I should start eating around 1,000-1,500 calories in a day x?
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I usually eat 1,500-2,000 calories. Does that mean I should start eating around 1,000-1,500 calories in a day x?
It all depends how many calories you're burning per day. If you've got even a moderately active lifestyle (e.g. doing lot of walking or having a physically active job) then you would be losing weight with 1500-2000 calories per day already. It's worth getting yourself a fitness tracker to find out how many calories your body is really burning, but also make sure you're paying close attention to how much you're really eating (and drinking) because it's easy to under-estimate your total calorie consumption.

Also make sure you're making wise food choices as well ("junk" food, sugar, and refined/processed carbohydrates such as white bread are the real enemy to fat burning), and also make sure that you're not under-estimating your calorie intake.

It's also quite common for people who eat a lot of really healthy food to find that they don't ever really 'feel' hungry nor suffer from cravings, and are much better able to control their calorie intake without it feeling difficult; that and it usually makes you feel much better too.
Last edited by winterscoming; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
I heard I’m the first 3 weeks you only lose water weight and on the fourth you start losing fat...is that right?

I think I lose at least 500 calories a day but then when I go home I eat what I lost without realising it but I’ll start using the tracker x

(Original post by winterscoming)
It all depends how many calories you're burning per day. If you've got even a moderatly active lifestyle (e.g. doing lot of walking or having a physically active job) then you would be losing weight with 1500-2000 calories per day already. It's worth getting yourself a fitness tracker to find out how many calories your body is really burning, but also make sure you're paying close attention to how much you're really eating (and drinking) because it's easy to under-estimate your total calorie consumption.

Also make sure you're making wise food choices as well ("junk" food, sugar, and refined/processed carbohydrates such as white bread are the real enemy to fat burning), and also make sure that you're not under-estimating your calorie intake.

It's also quite common for people who eat a lot of really healthy food to find that they don't ever really 'feel' hungry nor suffer from cravings, and are much better able to control their calorie intake without it feeling difficult; that and it usually makes you feel much better too.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe.
I knew a man who lost 37kg over eleven weeks by dieting, drinking a lot of water and walking/going jogging.
Restricted his food to raw veg, nuts and seeds.
Only drank tap water.
He gave up caffeine, soda, dairy, icing sugar and takeaways.
Eats a liquid only diet two days a week.
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I heard I’m the first 3 weeks you only lose water weight and on the fourth you start losing fat...is that right?

I think I lose at least 500 calories a day but then when I go home I eat what I lost without realising it but I’ll start using the tracker x
Everyone's body is different, but around two-thirds of your body weight is water, so that'll always be a big part of the weight you're losing at any point. Some of people experience big weight losses in the first few weeks, some of which is bound to be fat as well (your overall body fat ratio/percentage isn't going to change much in just 3 weeks), but really the amount of fat you burn is determined by things like exercise and making healthy food choices (sticking to salad/veg, fresh fruit, lean meat, eggs, fish, beans, nuts, seeds, whole grains, etc.)

Also trying to keep a healthy balance between your intake of Protein/Fat/Carbohydrates - e.g. try to aim for 40% of your diet to be protein, 30% fat and 30% Carbs. (There's an app called MyFitnessPal which is helpful for keeping a food diary and can guide you towards making sure you're eating the right balance of foods)

Consistency is really important though. If you're losing weight for a couple of months then revert back to a diet where you're eating a lot more then it's never going to work since the whole process of losing weight sustainably and burning enough fat to really transform your body takes a lot longer. It takes quite a long time to "train"/teach your body to be more efficient at fat burning, but that's highly dependent on switching your lifestyle -- so the lifestyle changes need to be permanent since it's also about fixing things like eating/snacking habits which usually takes a long time to change.
Last edited by winterscoming; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (10)
5.43%
No (174)
94.57%

Watched Threads