GCSE MATHS Helpppp Watch

SAADIYAHx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey Guys,

I just got my mock grade for Maths and I got a 4. My target grade is an 8 and I want to do Maths at A level. I’m really finding maths hard this year.

What shall I do?
Any tips or resources?

Thanks
amber10111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i want to do maths at a level too and ive been stuck at grade 5s lately. If you go on maths genie, depending on your specification and go through the topics starting from grade 4/3 from 8/9 you'll hopefully be able to do it. Its really helpful ad im also doing past papers because maths is all about repetition but in different forms. good luck.
SAADIYAHx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by amber10111)
i want to do maths at a level too and ive been stuck at grade 5s lately. If you go on maths genie, depending on your specification and go through the topics starting from grade 4/3 from 8/9 you'll hopefully be able to do it. Its really helpful ad im also doing past papers because maths is all about repetition but in different forms. good luck.
Thanks!
rockyball89
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by SAADIYAHx)
Thanks!
I went from a 5 to 8 in my mocks. The advice I'll give you is make sure you understand all topics. Don't just memorise the steps to get the answer, understand why you worked a question out that way, so when you do the past papers It would just be so so easy. Also, make sure you get majority of marks in the first half of the paper because, if you do you'll get a 7. Also, sometimes you might see some questions that are difficult and If you revised all topics and don't understand do half of the questions and you'll get some marks I applied this technique and on 5 markers I don't understand I normally get 3/5 Goodluck with GCSEs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads