LNAT score for Durham and KCL Watch

-Blue-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I got 25/42 in the first part of my LNAT score.
Although this is not an excellent result, I have got the impression that it‘s ok after doing some research. Especially as I don’t live in an English speaking country and have to admit that English is (currently) my weakest foreign language.

I would now be very interested in the usual LNAT score of (successful) applicants for Durham and King‘s College.

My problem is that I was only able to type 2 or 3 sentences in the Essay part. Although, the circumstances were justified and I received permission to sit the LNAT a second time I was unable to do so before the deadline passed.

I contacted Durham and King‘s shortly after this incident. One of them replied that they would not consider my application and I haven’t received an answer from the other one yet.
I don’t want to besiege the universities and am aware that my LNAT score is not that good that it would compensate for a missing essay but I hoped that it might show them at least that I am not an entire illiterate and convince them to consider my application.

Even though it would be less competitive because of Part B of the LNAT, I still have a Personal Statement and an academic reference which may be as 'interesting' as an essay.

Do you think I should inform KCL and Durham about my LNAT score to see if they would be willing to give me a chance?
Babycakes5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there, I'm an international student who did the LNAT and also got 25 out of 42 for the first part. 25 is actually above average and is considered a good score, even by Oxford's standards. I've gotten offers from both KCL and Durham to study Law so I'm guessing my score was acceptable. Anyways, I know that with KCL if you haven't done the LNAT before the dedline they are unable to consider your application but I'm not sure about Durham. Perhaps the one school that you emailed didn't understand that you were only missing your essay and not the whole thing? But honestly, it's not as if you didn't do the essay, you just didn't do it well so there might still be a chance. I'd say explain ALL the details to them in an email. Just tell them that you did the LNAT and give them your score, then tell them about the botched essay. If you have a King's Apply account (which you should) then just send them a message with your LNAT ID number and all the details of your course.

If emailing doesn't work I'd go so far as to call them and explain it first hand. There's nothing wrong with pushing a little bit if you know the rest of your application is strong. It's your future after all, and those are two amazing universities. Don't let the opportunity slip, explain your circumstances and why you didn't do as well in your essay the first time. Universities are always open to hearing explanations and the people who are assesing your application are human too, they can be convinced.
anonymous1231231
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which said they wouldn’t consider your application anymore?

People w 18 have gotten offers from Durham
-Blue-
Rep:
?
(Original post by Babycakes5)
Hi there, I'm an international student who did the LNAT and also got 25 out of 42 for the first part. 25 is actually above average and is considered a good score, even by Oxford's standards. I've gotten offers from both KCL and Durham to study Law so I'm guessing my score was acceptable. Anyways, I know that with KCL if you haven't done the LNAT before the dedline they are unable to consider your application but I'm not sure about Durham. Perhaps the one school that you emailed didn't understand that you were only missing your essay and not the whole thing? But honestly, it's not as if you didn't do the essay, you just didn't do it well so there might still be a chance. I'd say explain ALL the details to them in an email. Just tell them that you did the LNAT and give them your score, then tell them about the botched essay. If you have a King's Apply account (which you should) then just send them a message with your LNAT ID number and all the details of your course.

If emailing doesn't work I'd go so far as to call them and explain it first hand. There's nothing wrong with pushing a little bit if you know the rest of your application is strong. It's your future after all, and those are two amazing universities. Don't let the opportunity slip, explain your circumstances and why you didn't do as well in your essay the first time. Universities are always open to hearing explanations and the people who are assesing your application are human too, they can be convinced.
Great, congratulations!

I sit the LNAT before 20th January. I only missed the deadline for the intended and authorised, but not realised second attempt which I wanted to use to complete both parts of the LNAT.
So if it‘s not already to late for the Admissions team if I provide them my LNAT number now, that should not be a problem.

You are right, I will give it a try and see if I can convince them!
Thank you very much for your help!
-Blue-
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
Which said they wouldn’t consider your application anymore?

People w 18 have gotten offers from Durham
I will write you a message.

That’s very surprising to hear but in a positive way! For 2019/2020 entry too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads