University takes degree off man after being hit by a car= brain damage Watch

karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
This bloke was hit by a car and ended up with brain damage. He had already graduated from university. The university found out about his brain damage and took his degree off him. Does anyone kind of think the is pretty weird and kind of despicable.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I guess it depends on the degree? It's not good for the university or for the general public if the man is considered professionally qualified to do something that he can no longer do. I agree that it seems kinda heartless, though.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are you nominating yourself as the primary source for this information? Because that I could quite readily accept at face-value.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
*shrug* would need full picture to hold any real opinion.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
the degree is just a snapshot of your ability on the day you graduate. it is not a guarantee of future performance. like your MOT is just a snapshot of your car on a particular day.... the vehicle could have all manner of problems the following week.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
This bloke was hit by a car and ended up with brain damage. He had already graduated from university. The university found out about his brain damage and took his degree off him. Does anyone kind of think the is pretty weird and kind of despicable.
Proof? I've known people with similar medical issues and no university has got involved. #fakenews
tesconyc
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
well he's not going to need a degree now anyway. so does it matter
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Could we have a source please? Thanks
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
well he's not going to need a degree now anyway. so does it matter
if this tale is true then the guy would have paid $$$ for the degree.... are they going to refund him ?

:holmes:
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
It wasn't in the paper it happened to someone I know through someone else also the brain damage was not that severe. I am kind of astounded that the university has such power.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It wasn't in the paper it happened to someone I know through someone else also the brain damage was not that severe. I am kind of astounded that the university has such power.
There's probably a bit more to the story. And I imagine the thing you're leaving out perfectly explains the situation.
CollectiveSoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
no source, no evidence. thread should be closed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (63)
8.33%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%
No, but I want to start (281)
37.17%
No, I am unable to (185)
24.47%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.51%