Stripper and a nurse student? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I've just recently found out that someone I know is a stripper and studies nursing at the same time. I've heard lots of stories of students getting through medical schools and paying the debt by stripping but thats mostly in United Stated. How does the law looks like in United Kingdom can you be a stripper and study nursing or alredy be a registered nurse and strip in your part-time?

I'm not judging the person I understand there must of been a reason why she decided to do that. I was just curious about the situation. I think you're allowed to do anything you want while you off duty but I might be wrong. People may also never find out without a proof so.
Whats your opinion about this guys? Is there any law that states that you can't be an exotic dancer while in uni or already employed as a nurse?
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I honeslty don't know when it comes to stripping but I do know that social media can have a huge impact on nurses and their employment. The NHS takes their staff quite seriously and anything that could make a nurse seem like a threat, eg. an arguement online, can make them rethink about your job. I don't know if stripping has the same effect but it's at least you can warn your friend about social media maybe? Sorry if this isn't very helpful~
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No law against it, so long as she is over 18 and has the legal right to work in the UK.
Unlikely to cause any bother, so long as she does it in her spare time and has not signed a contract that bans her working elsewhere/without permission.
There is likely to be a university admissions clause about bringing the uni/college/employer into disrepute.
But it's a wide stretch to make this apply to a lawful hobby/employment which occurs outside academic premises and does not generate adverse publicity for the academic institution/place of employment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
59.85%
No (159)
40.15%

Watched Threads