What can I do to help my Uni Application for Computer Science? Watch

Parth242502
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a Year 12 Student, and I wanted to know the things that I could do to strengthen my Uni Application. I currently have some time until I have to write my application hence a good time to start considering extra things I could do. There are some MOOC's that I have planned to complete, but what else could I do to show passion and interest in Computer Science?

I want to do Computer Science at Uni (Hopefully at Imperial) and my current A-Levels are Maths,Physics,Chemistry,Further Maths. As I don't do Computer Science at A-Level, I believe that I will have to put in extra effort to convey my interests.
Thank you,
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Parth242502)
I am a Year 12 Student, and I wanted to know the things that I could do to strengthen my Uni Application. I currently have some time until I have to write my application hence a good time to start considering extra things I could do. There are some MOOC's that I have planned to complete, but what else could I do to show passion and interest in Computer Science?

I want to do Computer Science at Uni (Hopefully at Imperial) and my current A-Levels are Maths,Physics,Chemistry,Further Maths. As I don't do Computer Science at A-Level, I believe that I will have to put in extra effort to convey my interests.
Thank you,
MOOCs, programming projects, books.

You don't need to put in extraordinary amounts of effort just because you're not doing CS A-level. No university in the country even requires it.

Moved to Computer Science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.68%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.27%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.17%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.17%
No (198)
69.72%

Watched Threads