Help with uni application Watch

Meg275
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am an A Level student from India. I take maths, economics and biology at A Level. I would like to do courses like economics and management at oxford or pure economics or management at lse. Since my school does not provide any guidance on uni applications or opportunities for extra curricular activities, It would be great if anybody can suggest anything I can do this year to make my application competitive and develop a good knowledge of my subject.
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Your chances for pure Economics at LSE are pretty limited given that you don't have Further Maths A-level - does your school offer FM A-level?
Meg275
Rep:
?
No.... And I tried to see if anybody can help me with it... My school does not even provide the probability and statistics 2 module and I have to find a tutor... I am aware about the disadvantages of not having fm but thats okay...
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If your school don’t offer further maths then LSE won’t count it against you - you’ll just need to make sure that your school state clearly in your reference that FM is not an option. If they won’t, then you should mention it in your personal statement.
Meg275
Rep:
?
Thank you. I'll make sure to do that. And any extracurriculars or extra reading you would suggest for me?
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Meg275)
Thank you. I'll make sure to do that. And any extracurriculars or extra reading you would suggest for me?
Have to go and catch a train now but I’ll answer in a few hours
Meg275
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Have to go and catch a train now but I’ll answer in a few hours
Sure. Thanks a lot for helping
Willrumble
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Meg275)
I am an A Level student from India. I take maths, economics and biology at A Level. I would like to do courses like economics and management at oxford or pure economics or management at lse. Since my school does not provide any guidance on uni applications or opportunities for extra curricular activities, It would be great if anybody can suggest anything I can do this year to make my application competitive and develop a good knowledge of my subject.
You should sign up to go to a UNIQ summer school. It looks really good on your application especially if you're applying to Oxford. Also try to read as many books and you can which relate to your subject
Meg275
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willrumble)
You should sign up to go to a UNIQ summer school. It looks really good on your application especially if you're applying to Oxford. Also try to read as many books and you can which relate to your subject
Thanks for the reply. But I believe UNIQ is only for residents of the UK. I am from India, so I cannot apply for it.
Last edited by Meg275; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.45%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%