How competitive is LSE Psychological and Behavioural Science? Watch

rafi04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The Psychological and Behavioural Science Undergraduate Program at LSE was just introduced a few years back so I haven't had the opportunity to gauge how competitive the program really is.

So do I have any chance of being admitted with the following grades?
GCE O Levels; 5A*, 4A
Predicted A Level Grades: 5A* (Physics, Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry)

I hope they like my PS. I debated for six years with a few national achievements and was in the head committee for a few school clubs related to my subjects.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rafi04)
The Psychological and Behavioural Science Undergraduate Program at LSE was just introduced a few years back so I haven't had the opportunity to gauge how competitive the program really is.

So do I have any chance of being admitted with the following grades?
GCE O Levels; 5A*, 4A
Predicted A Level Grades: 5A* (Physics, Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry)

I hope they like my PS. I debated for six years with a few national achievements and was in the head committee for a few school clubs related to my subjects.
It will be hugely competitive but obviously your academics are amazing. They will read your PS carefully, and hopefully you will get a reply from them soon. No one can tell you if you will definitely get offered a place, but it sounds like you will be a very strong candidate
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 week ago
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's a brand new course for 2019 entry, according to the website - so there's no way of knowing how competitive it will be.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...ioural-Science
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
It's a brand new course for 2019 entry, according to the website - so there's no way of knowing how competitive it will be.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...ioural-Science
Yes, but it is LSE
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes, but it is LSE
There are some LSE undergrad courses with 60%+ offer rates.

Especially given that this is the first year the courses is on offer, and many applicants may not have been aware it existed, I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t too competitive this year.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
There are some LSE undergrad courses with 60%+ offer rates.

Especially given that this is the first year the courses is on offer, and many applicants may not have been aware it existed, I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t too competitive this year.
Psychology's an extremely popular subject so l think that it will still be very competitive by most people's standards - but agree that it being the first year could make it slightly easier to get a place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.68%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.27%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.17%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.17%
No (198)
69.72%

Watched Threads