EU Rebellions Begin - Sweden's Had Enough! Watch

Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
I'm assuming you think that Antifa are a force for good and not just a bunch of thuggish bully boys ( and girls just in case that particular phrase triggers anyone) that are every bit fascist as the far right.

fascism noun
fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi- \
Definition of fascism
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control
Lol no I’m Alt right.
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Lol no I’m Alt right.
Oh, in that case you are every bit as bad as those Antifa pricks.
That's the problem with the far right and the far left, they're basically just 2 sides of the same coin.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
That's the problem with the far right and the far left, they're basically just 2 sides of the same coin.
https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2013-04-07
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The only way they’re similar is that they both have beliefs they’re prepared to stand up for. Other than that they’re nothing alike.

Its the failing mainstream parties that are two sides of the same coin. Offer people a tiny bit of choice such as a trump or a corbyn you watch them stick together. You’ll never see the Alt right and Antifa work together like that.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Cute.

Of course in practise this ‘pragmatic, politics of compromise’ has resulted in a cosy and corrupt political class who rather resent having to give the plebs any sort of choice in things, and the abdication of principles and conviction. The whole things based on a fallacy: if one side wants to nationalise the nhs and the other side wants to privatise it, the answer doesn’t inherently mean then to privatise some of it. Sometimes, in fact quite often there is a clear right thing to do.

The brexit problem is a good case if this, by compromising we will have the worst of both deals which pleases literally no one outside of westninster.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The only way they’re similar is that they both have beliefs they’re prepared to stand up for. Other than that they’re nothing alike.

Its the failing mainstream parties that are two sides of the same coin. Offer people a tiny bit of choice such as a trump or a corbyn you watch them stick together. You’ll never see the Alt right and Antifa work together like that.
Never said that they would work together, they just share similar ideas on trying to shut down opposing views and have a violent disliking of anyone that opposes them.
Oh and as I said before, every single one of them is a prick.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Never said that they would work together, they just share similar ideas on trying to shut down opposing views and have a violent disliking of anyone that opposes them.
Oh and as I said before, every single one of them is a prick.
What opppsing views are the alt right trying to shut down? The alt right are very pro freedom of speech, even for Antifa.

Every single one? That’s a bit of a blanket generalisation isn’t it? 😂😂😂
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What opppsing views are the alt right trying to shut down? The alt right are very pro freedom of speech, even for Antifa.
Yep those alt-right folks are so pro-freedom of speech they feel the need to murder MPs they don't agree with and drive cars into protesters they don't like.
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Dude, you honestly need to chill and get over yourself. You're doing yourself no favours by getting this worked up over someone unknowingly spelling "eurosceptic" as "euroskeptic".
I'm not worked up! I just deprecate the Americanisation of our beautiful language, handed down by our forebears. (And amazed that you don't even know the difference by the way. The British press and academic journals use the word Eurosceptic all the time, don't you read them on the subject of the EU?? Clearly not.)

It is a (small) manifestation of a pride in our country and of culture. Brexiteers are patriots. We believe in all nation states, above all our own. Dude you don't have the first clue what pride in one's county and culture (includng our wonderful language) means. You don't feel it. You are a citizen of nowhere. You owe your emotional allegiance to a clapped out free trade association with no demos run by Germany and France and some jumped up unelected foreign bureaucrats. You think so little of this country and believe we are in such decline we can't survive as a nation any more. Don't deserve to.
Our GDP growth might be 0.1% lower than if we stayed as vassals and that is all that matters.

You are just like all those pathetic Remoaner w'nkers standing outside Westminster with their little blue EU flags.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

Every single one? That’s a bit of a blanket generalisation isn’t it? 😂😂😂
Maybe but it's true 😉. What's the point of arguing for freedom of speech whilst trying to shut down others.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
Yep those alt-right folks are so pro-freedom of speech they feel the need to murder MPs they don't agree with and drive cars into protesters they don't like.
Okay that is going a little far on the matter, the actions of those 2 individuals was of course abhorrent but I just called them (the alt-right and antifa) pricks, they're not all murderers.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
One lone individual with a mental health problem whose actions I deplore isnt indicative of an entire movement sane with breivik etc: you wouldn’t say the same about Muslim terrorists i imagine?

Not only are such acts morally wrong they are also counterproductive.

The fields case is a travesty of justice. That guy gets attacked by Antifa (who had chased away the sole female cop) and who were attacking his car with baseball bats and had threatened him with a gun at a legal demonstration.

That woman just got in the way as he tried to escape. The jury was obviously biased and he should have been tried in a different state as is custom in such instances (this courtesy was given to such suspects as the marathon bomber among others, this was refused to Fields) This was a political soviet style trial and a grave miscarriage of justice. Like his political views or not we are supppsed to have equality before the law.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Maybe but it's true 😉. What's the point of arguing for freedom of speech whilst trying to shut down others.
Well I can sympathise, the alt right are accused of making over generalisations all the time. If you start doing it to other people, maybe certain globalists, you’ll becom Alt-right too.

Of course, that’s why the alt right support freedom of speech sperch including ‘hate speech’ and questioning certain historical events 👌🏻
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
One lone individual with a mental health problem whose actions I deplore isnt indicative of an entire movement sane with breivik etc: you wouldn’t say the same about Muslim terrorists i imagine?
You claimed that alt-right support freedom of speech. The fact that many who identify as such support these actions contradicts your claim.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
You claimed that alt-right support freedom of speech. The fact that many who identify as such support these actions contradicts your claim.
And the same can be said of Antifa, like i said 2 sides of the same coin
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
And the same can be said of Antifa, like i said 2 sides of the same coin
Yup, both movements have been tainted by extremists.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
Yup, both movements have been tainted by extremists.
On that front I'll agree with you, there's always some that are prepared to cross that line between right and wrong.
Maybe I'll modify my statement to a lot, not all, are pricks, there are probably quite a lot of them that think they're doing the right thing then just get swept up into the uber left/right wing bs.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
Who supported these actions then?
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by generallee)
I'm not worked up! I just deprecate the Americanisation of our beautiful language, handed down by our forebears. (And amazed that you don't even know the difference by the way. The British press and academic journals use the word Eurosceptic all the time, don't you read them on the subject of the EU?? Clearly not.)

It is a (small) manifestation of a pride in our country and of culture. Brexiteers are patriots. We believe in all nation states, above all our own. Dude you don't have the first clue what pride in one's county and culture (includng our wonderful language) means. You don't feel it. You are a citizen of nowhere. You owe your emotional allegiance to a clapped out free trade association with no demos run by Germany and France and some jumped up unelected foreign bureaucrats. You think so little of this country and believe we are in such decline we can't survive as a nation any more. Don't deserve to.
Our GDP growth might be 0.1% lower than if we stayed as vassals and that is all that matters.

You are just like all those pathetic Remoaner w'nkers standing outside Westminster with their little blue EU flags.
Someone who isn't worked up doesn't go on a dramatic rant about how they love their country all because someone accidently used the letter "k" instead of "c". You clearly have been very offended by it hence why you're lashing out at me. I thought liberals are the ones who are meant to be the snowflakes?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think most of the allied soldiers would have deserted if they had known what Europe would become. This is in era where the U.K. still had a colonial empire and the US had segregation, the idea that the allied were the modern day Antifa is laughable. As Patton puts it, ‘we fought the wrong enemy’ . Also Europe/ EU.
Have you actually ever been to Europe? I mean seriously? Have you ever met a European or talked to one? Have you ever worked there?
Last edited by ByEeek; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%