Fire doors Watch

UniFireSafety
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

I work for a fire safety company and am looking for your stories on how difficult fire doors can be.

Have you had to wegde open your flat door? Do you get woken up by your flatmates heavy fire doors banging in the night?

Have you ever had to struggle with a fire door because of mobility issues (permanent or temporary)?

Do you wish you didn't have to fight against the heavy door on a daily basis?

If so, please let me know your troubles here or PM me

Look forward to hearing from you
MochiMirangue
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UniFireSafety)
Hi everyone,

I work for a fire safety company and am looking for your stories on how difficult fire doors can be.

Have you had to wegde open your flat door? Do you get woken up by your flatmates heavy fire doors banging in the night?

Have you ever had to struggle with a fire door because of mobility issues (permanent or temporary)?

Do you wish you didn't have to fight against the heavy door on a daily basis?

If so, please let me know your troubles here or PM me

Look forward to hearing from you
Hey! My accommodation is good in general except for our flat door. It constantly breaks down and we have to body slam it to open it. It got so bad that we couldn't physically open it at the end of last year and had to call the maintenance in about 3 times and they did nothing about it. Honestly so frustrating, you just have to hope a flatmate is in so that they can let you in, otherwise you are stuck waiting half an hour for a maintenance guy to open the door for you Even now it still doesn't lock properly, but at least now we can open it without having to fight with it...
UniFireSafety
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by MochiMirangue)
Hey! My accommodation is good in general except for our flat door. It constantly breaks down and we have to body slam it to open it. It got so bad that we couldn't physically open it at the end of last year and had to call the maintenance in about 3 times and they did nothing about it. Honestly so frustrating, you just have to hope a flatmate is in so that they can let you in, otherwise you are stuck waiting half an hour for a maintenance guy to open the door for you Even now it still doesn't lock properly, but at least now we can open it without having to fight with it...
Thanks for replying!

Sorry to hear you had those problems. Must be frustrating!

How did you find your individual room doors? I've heard stories of students having to wedge them open so they don't feel trapped in their rooms. Have you or any of your other residents ever had to use crutches or a wheelchair? I can imagine that having to body slam a door while on crutches would be tricky!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.5%
Yes - a food allergy (33)
11.46%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.13%
No (201)
69.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed